Friday, January 01, 2010

It's a New Year!

It's so weird that it's 2010! It seems like we just hit 2000, when people were going crazy over the whole Y2K deal and stocking up on canned goods. Now here we are already 10 years later! It just baffles me how time flies!

We didn't do anything exciting last night. My friend/neighbor invited us over for games, football and food but I wasn't sure if we'd go. The kids have been coughing and having runny noses, I was tired from our drive back from Dubuque and just didn't know what we'd do. I really wanted to go though, to have something to do. I'm not sure Zach knew what he wanted to do either, until he said it was way too cold out to go out. That's when I was bummed. Even if we'd just gone for a couple of hours. I guess I'm really more the social one than he is, I like to get out and meet people. I was bummed thinking how the stupid weather ruined that and the concert a few weeks ago that I wanted to go to but couldn't because of the roads :( It is just such a bummer! Anyway, it was all good and I managed to get a good portion of my book read and I think I was asleep by like 10:30!

Today I managed to get the downstairs cleaned and took down the Christmas stuff. I did my menu and went grocery shopping. I cleaned the upstairs bathrooms and put laundry away. It was a rather successful day. I even managed to almost finish my book. It's due back tomorrow so I'll either finish tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife. It is so weird. I remember seeing a preview of the movie and thinking it looked good bu wanting to read the book first. The book is almost trash. Way more sex and stuff in it than what I normally read. But, I wanted to see what happened and now I have about 50 more pages. So, off to watch the movie on TV and finish my book.

Happy New Year to you all!!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I was thinking about the whole Y2K thing the other day too. It sure doesn't seem that long ago! We didn't do anything for New Year's either. Sometimes we do, but mostly not. I have been tearing the house apart ~ closets, cupboards, etc. I can't wait until it's all done and then I plan to spend a ton of time in my craft room because I want scapbooks completed for next Christmas ~ which will take a huge amount of time. It will be a nice accomplishment though.
Happy New Year!
Sherry