Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ranting

Sigh.  Scream.  Sigh.  This is how I feel right now.  I'm at the END of my rope today!  What a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE day.  I don't know what the deal is, but my 10 year old is being a major brat.  Seriously, the last straw was her attempt at tracing her hands for a project we were working on.  I suggested that each of the three of them help one another with tracing hands, but the boys were determined to do their own and were done tracing in no time at all.  Well, said 10 yr old decides to just throw a fit about it, attempting to get them perfect, crying, erasing, whining...the whole thing.  Seriously????  I know tracing our hands isn't always that easy, but suck it up and do it!!!  She got them traced, rather sloppily, but I told her to cut them out of which she did the worst job ever.  I just lost it.  Told her to clean up.  Put everything away.  She didn't get to partake in the project that her brothers had already FINISHED.  And you know its bad when she finishes before Josiah!!!  So, she got some more spankings and I sent her to her room.  I don't even want to LOOK at her right now- it will not be pretty!  I'm just fed up.  This is the project the boys got to make.  We've been studying birds in science and as our last project they made ostriches :)  I love them!!!

Then I don't know if it's my computer, websites or what but I can't open ANYTHING.  Swagbucks isn't working, facebook isn't working.  C'mon people!  It's called technology- get with it! 

Sometimes I just feel like I could really explode when I get so mad.  I hate that feeling, ya know?  And I've been praying, reading my devotions and yet still feel like such a FAILURE.  The sucky weather doesn't help either...cloudy, rainy, windy...I need some SUNSHINE in so many ways!  Anyway, thanks for listening to me rant! 

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Sorry you're having a bad day but if it makes you feel any better I'm having one too, lol. Ashton has apparently decided to be in charge of himself and hasn't listened to me at all today! I'm glad it's almost bedtime. I'm sure tomorrow will be brighter:)

Anonymous said...

We all have those days!
Not fun, but I always quote Scarlett O'Hara on these days:)
"After all, tomorrow is another day" (said with thick southern accent) It makes me laugh!

And I always try to think of the days I have and what if God got so angry with me on my bad days. Man, I would be in trouble!

I also have a perfectionist!
Makes for a challenge:)

Have a better day tomorrow, In Jesus Name,
Gina

Kim said...

Hope your day got better. I know exactly how you feel. I get that way sometimes too. Sometimes you just need to walk away and take a deep breath. I usually go in my room, lock the door and just lay on my bed for like 10 minutes and block everything. Thats my only way of "getting Away" from the kids.

I am OK said...

Sounds like a real downer of a day, I hope it all worked out in the end. The project is really cute and the boys did a great job. Poor H, crabby and hormonal maybe? LOL - certainly I can only joke now because it's been a few days.