Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Recipe Swap

Since the holidays are around the corner I thought it would be fun to post recipes and exchange them that way. I know Beth has a killer Pumpkin Cheesecake. So, fess up one and all and give us those secrets to success in your kitchen on Turkey Day. I have this recipe for some wonderful creamy mashed potatoes. Sure beats your ordinary mashed spuds. Enjoy!

Creamy Mashed Potatoes
5 lbs. Potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 c. Sour cream
2 pkg. Cream cheese, softened
3 tbs. Butter, divided
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Onion Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper

Place potatoes in pot, cover with water. Cover & bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. In a large mixing bowl, mash potatoes. Add sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tbs. Butter, salt, onion salt & pepper; beat until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish, dot with remaining butter. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.

5 comments:

Me said...

Yummy! I was going to post my pumpkin cheesecake tomorrow :) Too bad we can't have a Bloggers Thanksgiving dinner :)

Choppzs said...

Yum!!! These pregnancy cravings are going to kill me this time of year!! lol I will have to come up with one of my holiday recipes to post!! fun!

Amie said...

I don't think I have any original holiday recipes...

Our friends make the same (or at least very similar) potatos. Jeremiah LOVES them which is funny because he usually detests anything with sour cream/cream cheese or even has a creamy texture.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wrote down Beth,s pumpkin recipe but she forgot to put how long to bake it for. Could anyone please find out for me? Thank You.

Jamie said...

Cindy, You can also try looking at allrecipes.com to see if you find it there, since that is where Beth said she found it.