Monday, November 21, 2005

School Days

Kirstin had this meme on her blog and I thought I'd do it too...A trip down memory lane! Let me know if you do it!

Kindergarten: I remember going to a farm for a field trip. It was so neat and such a blast! I got to ride a bus there, see many farm animals and eat a picnic lunch! What fun for a 5 year old!

First Grade: I remember in 'gym' class using the 'parachute' and having so much fun running underneath it and using that. I think that was the most fun I've ever had in gym!

Second Grade: I had the coolest teacher, Mrs. Brookhouse. Then she went on maternity leave and I ended up with a totally different teacher and was bummed. Overall, I remember really enjoying 2nd Grade.

Third Grade: This was the year I tried a hand at Karate. I don't think I participated too much but I enjoyed doing it. I believe this was also the year I got into the 'Baby-sitter Club' books and didn't put them down for years!

Fourth Grade: My teacher taught us all about Hershey, Pennsylvania. I remember being so fascinated with it all since I loved chocolate.

Fifth Grade: I was a crossing guard and went to the State Fair with other crossing guards from my school. My friend, Kerry and I had so much fun together on the big rides. I still have a big blown up picture of her and I, yet I haven't heard from her since she moved back in like 7th grade:(

Sixth Grade: I remember going to a 5 day long camp with the other 6th graders. I ended up in a cabin with some other girls, some were my friends, some were not. I remember the Seniors were the counselors and would try to get us with shaving cream when we were sleeping. I had not yet fallen asleep and some of the seniors came in. They got some of the other girls with shaving cream. After they left I woke people up and they were mad that I hadn't woken them up in the first place because now they were all full of shaving cream! I was a 6th grader, scared of those big seniors! So, they took TOOTHPASTE and put it in my hair and my sleeping bag (only 2 or 3 of them). I ran to where the counselors were, crying. Then I was put in a cabin with my friends. Not a pleasant memory;0

Seventh Grade: Science class was a joke. We'd read Time Magazine. Jay and I would come to class and discuss Full House from the night before. Band was a joke too. We rarely played our instruments, but more often ate candy and messed around for the hour. I think this was the year that I choked on a hard candy and had to go up to the office and get the Heimlich maneuver done by the Health teacher! Also had Woodshop and Metals Class (was required).

Eighth Grade: Science class again. One of my closest friends and I had to 'wire' a dollhouse with electricity. It was so much fun! We even got to decorate the house!

Ninth Grade: Became best friends with a girl from church. We had such a fun time together in Youth Group and became known as somewhat of rebels... We sure enjoyed chasing the boys and Bible camp. (And people wonder why I'll never let my children go to these types of things!!!) Had a crush on the new band teacher...yuck!

Tenth Grade: My gym teacher embarrassed me in front of the whole class. He was also the basketball coach. We were playing basketball that day and he blew his whistle, stopped everything and asked me why I wasn't guarding better. In front of the whole class! Told me to sit out. I was bawling. Everybody was in shock and felt pretty bad about it. Jerk;)

Eleventh Grade: Mom got remarried. Moved to a whole new school halfway through the year. Started dating a guy and went to prom together. We dated for 2 years. He was the whole reason I switched schools. Young love...

Twelfth Grade: Went on my senior class trip to NYC, Niagara Falls and Toronto. The tour guide in NYC was totally g*y. There was a roach in my shoe at the hotel in NYC. The hotel manager in Toronto was the biggest jerk and TAPED our doors closed so we wouldn't sneak out at night (because some kid threw something out of a window at the hotel in NYC and almost hit a lady on the head). Got to see The Phantom of the Opera in Toronto.


8 comments:

Amie said...

Thats awesome! I'll do mine when I get a minute.

I loved Baby-sitters club! Did you guys go to Camp Nesbit? Or was it a different one?

Jamie said...

Yep, good ol' Camp Nesbit... Wasn't the rumor that some girl hung herself and so we were all freaked out about Cabin 9 or something like that? Goofy.

razorbackmama said...

Oh how I loved doing the parachute thing in PE!!!!! Too fun!!!

And what is it with 6th grade camp????? I think everyone has said something about 6th grade camp. Why is 6th grade camp a must? Yikes!

Amie said...

Yeah, although the number of the haunted cabin changed every year. I went as a counselor in 11th and 12th grades. It was SO much more fun to go as a counselor.

Anonymous said...

I even went to camp nesbit and that was pretty many years ago. They must have been doing this for years. Dont remember anything about a girl hanging herself tho. Not sure how many years i would remember of school. Not all I know that for sure.

Unknown said...

This does look like fun. I think I'll do this tomorrow!

Choppzs said...

Gosh, how do you remember stuff from all your grades??? I can't remember squat from about 9th grade up to graduation!! lol That was my experimental period!! lol

Me said...

What a great MEME. I'm going t do it too!