Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Complaining

First off let me just say I am so sick of these insurance companies *screwing* people over (pardon the language, but that is exactly the case). Thankfully we didn't have as much hurricane damage as others, but we're still counting on our insurance money that we're entitled to. Have we seen it yet? No! Zach called yesterday and the lady tried saying that maybe the adjuster that was here doesn't work for them anymore or that Zach gave the wrong claim number. What does that have to do with us getting our money? The adjuster was here at least a month ago if not longer! I have been meaning to call but have been hopping on my toes all day long I haven't had a chance yet. It is ridiculous how they keep thinking they can get by with swindling people out of their entitled money. Zach's dad is supposed to come and help us get everything back together, but he's waiting until we find out how much the insurance is giving us. Well, at this rate he won't be here until next year! I am so sick of it...here we dish out this money every month and we can't even get our entitled money!?!?

On to my next complaint...

Last week I arranged with my baby-sitter to baby-sit today. The kids haven't seen her in well over 5 months and I wanted to volunteer so I thought it would work out. Well, I should have called her to remind her...she forgot. I guess that's what happens. She's a teenager, was homeschooled, still lives at home and is taking college courses. She's a sweet gal that we've had for a little over a year. So, I called her and she said she'd be here in 20 minutes. Luckily I was just volunteering and didn't have an appointment or something. By the time she gets here all the kids are up from naps and by the time I explain the whole drill with her its almost 3 o'clock and I'm almost an hour late. I'm sitting there doing my volunteer work when the cell phone rings. Uhoh. It's Sarah. Turns out H took the 'lip' thing that goes on the potty chair and flushed it down the toilet. I guess first G had gotten a hold of it, so Sarah was washing his hands when H did this. Lovely. What a fun phone call! I just told her not to flush the toilet anymore and we'd take care of it. Not much more we could do at that point. So, by the time I get home Zach's home and has heard the story. H's in her bed and I need to finish dinner (luckily I had put pork chops in the crock pot). So, Zach tells me that he got home to the kids watching Star Wars (and I had told Sarah I really didn't want them watching it) and that there were crumbs caked on the wall and on the floors. After asking H how her time with Sarah was it sounds like Sarah played on the computer. I asked if she played with them at all and H said no. Well, since Zach had gotten home before me he payed her. She was here for 2 1/2 hours at the most. He paid her $20!!! Of course, he wouldn't know how much to pay a baby-sitter but I was floored! Especially after the poor job she did today. I'm uncertain of the baby-sitting rates these days anyways, but I don't think I would've paid that much! It is so hard to come by a good baby-sitter nowadays. I remember I had when I baby-sat I watched the kids, played with them and made sure the house was somewhat intact before the parents came home. Things aren't that way anymore it seems. So, I guess I will be searching for a new baby-sitter. I'm so disappointed. It isn't the first time she has been late or that I've had little issues, but before I could overlook it. Now I am just tired of it. Not sure how we'll get the 'lip' out of the toilet. Guess its a good thing we have two toilets so we don't have to use that one for now! Not like its a horror baby-sitting story, but it could've went better.

So, that's my complaining for the day. Instead of taking it out on someone or something else I thought I'd blog about it. Isn't this what my blog is for?

4 comments:

Amie said...

We have a good babysitter that we like although we have only asked her twice in the past year! We pay $2.00 an hour per child...I guess thats why we have only had a babysitter twice in the last year. I wouldn't expect our home to be clean, but the computer thing would definately bother me.

Hope your insurance company gets their act together soon!

Anne said...

Yeah, I think a blog can be a good place to vent frustration. Better than going out and kicking a dog, or something! :) :)

Me said...

I heard about the junk that the insurance companies were pulling w/ that stuff....that just stinks!! I hope they get their booties in gear soon!

I haven't had to get a real babysitter yet, but I have to say I'm real leery about it! I had to do all the cleaning and stuff too when I sat. I think good work ethics are down the tubes these days (with the younger crowd).

MommyLydia said...

I agree she should not have been on the computer, (or allowing the kids to do things you didn't want them to do and had made clear) but I don't think $20 was extravagant for 3 kids and 2.5 hours.