Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankfulness

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:14-16
It is time to reflect upon the things I have been blessed with in life. And to be thankful. So often I take all things for granted. I may lose it with the children or get annoyed with my husband. I may be impatient at the car in front of me. I may go to another house and envy that it is 'nicer' than mine. In this world today it is so difficult to be thankful. We often become envious and greedy, wanting more and more. How often do we really reflect on what we do have? How often are we truly thankful for those things?
First of all, I am reading about the Pilgrims to H. It is interesting to me that the Pilgrims came to America to live for the Lord, to be missionaries. They wanted to be in a country where they were free to worship God the way He led them to, but they also wanted others to know about Him. So, they endured the hardships of sailing across the big open waters of the Atlantic and arrived here, not knowing what they would find. I am thankful for the hearts of these Pilgrims. What joy it must have brought the Lord for His children to so willingly obey His command, His heart. Imagine what life would have been like back then? Say, maybe 10-15 years after they arrived. What a religious nation this was! It was zealous for the Lord! How terribly sad that is has gone so downhill, trying to take God and Christ out of everything. This nation began upon the Lord!
Now, getting back on track, I am so very thankful for my family. You see, ever since I was the littlest girl I wanted to be married. Well, here I am- married. How awesome that God knew my heart and prepared my husband for me! Just for me! A man who loves me, takes care of me, completes me. I also wanted to be a mommy since I can remember. Well, so far I have three blessed children. Wow! Now I need to be honest, more often than not these children have been getting under my skin. But as I reflect upon my life, I am so thankful for them! They are truly gifts from the Lord. The little things they say and do. My life would not be complete were they not in it. I am thankful that I have a home. Almost 3 months ago I wondered if I would have a home and my things. They are just things, but things that have meaning to my family and I. Well, God was SO good and He heard the prayers of His people and set up His angels around my house to protect it. Amazing. Then again, we should not doubt Him and His extreme power. I am so thankful that He has called me, saved me and loved me. I am thankful that He is so patient with me in my shortcomings, yet He is always there, loving me and leading me in Him. There are so many other things I am thankful for, but for these I wish to write this year. May you, too, find the blessings of God all about you. For we are all truly blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving! Have a blessed day with the Lord, family and friends! Don't forget to give thanks to the One who has blessed us so!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

P.S, I did the school days meme :D

Me said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!