Saturday, August 15, 2009

How on earth?

How is it already the MIDDLE of AUGUST??? Wasn't it seriously just the 4th of July? It sure seems and feels that way. This week has been crazy busy. I feel like my life will be that way for at least another month! I just want it to slow down already!

My cousin, Risa, stopped through on her way East. I hadn't seen her in quite a few years and it was great seeing her and her two kiddos. She's got a boy and a girl and so my kids had new kids to play with. The girls hit it off great! Fast friends! The boys had fun wrestling for a short time, until my little boy got hurt. We went to Ledges, Sonic, the splash park and geocaching while she was here. We also walked to the park, ate Marble Slab ice cream and pizza. It was so fun! I wish she could have stayed at least one more day as it just flew! But, lucky for me, she's stopping in again on her way back home!

Our deck is FINALLY built. Wow, is it nice! I didn't expect it to be as big as it is. Here I was looking at this little patio set from Wal-mart for $100. It had a smaller table and 4 chairs. Well, that would have looked ridiculous on the patio! Plus its not like my family can fit at a table meant to seat 4. So I found a different set at Menard's. I had to pay a bit more but its worth it! I wanted to sit out there today but it's been rainy:( Bummer! I am not too pleased with the company that built the deck though. They're the same ones who built our fence. They left this HUGE pile of dirt under the deck. Uh, hello? When they were finished they'd done the same next to every fence post. So now we have this enormous pile of dirt under our deck. We'll be contacting them about coming to remove it. It was bad enough that Zach did the piles around the fence. And we could always use under the deck for storage.

Sweet Pea sure is getting around. She's walking along furniture! Right now she's standing holding onto her swing. She sure chatters a lot. Yesterday as we were checking out at Wal-Mart she started waving 'bye' as if she knew we were getting ready to leave. What a little smarty pants! Maybe that should have been her nickname instead!

Monday we're going to begin school. Not sure we'll begin with a full load but we'll at least start something. I was hoping to make our timeline this weekend but have been unable to find supplies I need. I was out all night last night shopping for patio furniture and looking for school stuff! I ran out this morning looking a bit too but figured I'd just wait. I didn't want to spend my whole Saturday running around! I did go to the Farmer's Market today. I managed to get all sorts of stuff- a watermelon, onions, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes. And I didn't have to pay for it, thanks to WICs Farmer's Market checks!

Booty Shaker got his own library card yesterday. He was really excited about that. He's been practicing writing his name for quite awhile now.

I'm sure there's more exciting news in our house but I can't think of it right now! I still need to figure out what to do about putting pictures on here...grrr.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I know it is so hard to believe August is half way over. I hate to think fall and then winter will be settling in. Thats so nice your cousin stopped in. I wish I had more family come visit. You said you were uploading pics on here. Take pics of your new deck and patio furniture so we can see. I've been looking for patio furniture too and have been unsuccessful. Maybe with summer coming to a close I might find some on sale. Uh oh time to baby proof for that little toddler. Well hope your plans to start school Monday works out.I still have to school clothes shop. Stupid finance keeps messing up our paycheck. First they said we had to pay them back $600 some dollars.Then this pay they pay us an extra $571 GRRRRR makes me so mad. Wish someone knew what they were doing

Darlene said...

Way to go Gabe, get those books and read, read, read. Love you.

I am OK said...

Oh Gabe! Thaat is so cute.


Enjoy the deck - sorry it was rainy for the first day.