Wednesday, September 23, 2009

library run

So tonight I had to make a library run. I began a book last night (called PS I Love You, apparently its also a movie now) that I read a bit more today. Eventually it got to her gay hairdresser and I was like 'whatever, I'm not reading this'. Then I began a book by Anita Shreve. After I began the book I then read the sleeve about it, realizing there was also a gay guy in it. Hence, my library run. I couldn't really find much to read there either, although I did find the book for our book club for the month (called Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind). I got another read as well. So, please tell me of any good books you've read lately. I'm up for some suggestions. I'd love something new and interesting to read.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Bummer about the books. How in the world did you manage to pick up two gay books...lol. Unfortunately I don't read too much, so sorry I dont have any suggestion but hope you find a really great book.

Amie said...

Right now I'm reading "Darcy's Story", which is Pride and Prejudice though the eyes of Mr. Darcy. It's really good, very true to Jane Austen's style.

Also, I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but several people have suggested "Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society" to me.