Sunday, June 26, 2005

AAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!! YOOPER ATTACK!!!!!

Oh man, I fear these children of mine will turn into Yoopers before we head back south. Today we spent some time with my cousin and her 3 little yooper babies. All of our children are the same ages and they seem to play together well. Her boys like to play outdoors and have some of those Power Wheels 4- wheelers. They also have a real 4-wheeler, a small one. So, my cousin's boys like to take my two older children for rides. By the end of the day my 5 year old could drive one of the small Power Wheels by herself! I was nervous as I watched her but she had a blast (she was also wearing a helmet)!

Another time while they were playing outside we hear the two 5 year olds laughing. My cousin's 5 year old pees outside sometimes. He is a boy, so he is able to do that. Somehow he got my totally feminine daughter to pee outside too. They were underneath the deck in the backyard and H had taken off her shorts and underwear to 'Pee like Nathan'. So, I had to explain that boys and girls pee differently and that she needs to keep her clothes on. Just another Yooper way- peeing in the bush:) I did it many times growing up!

My cousin's husband was on the riding lawnmower and had a trailer on the back of it. My 3 year old little man hopped into the trailer for a ride and before we knew it he was trying to take a nap while riding on it! It was so cute.

The baby loves dogs. He had to follow the dog all over. He was pulling the tail, eating the tail, kissing it... He played with that dog more than anything else!

Just a bit of ramblings about our time in the U.P. I am certain they will come away talking like these Yoopers!

2 comments:

Risa said...

Well, my children grew up there and they don't sound like Yoopers yet! :) And Jozie has yet to be convinced that peeing outside is ok - no matter HOW many times her little brother does it! She's such a girly girl - she can't even pee in an outhouse at the rest areas, even if I can get her to sit on the hole! She just sits there and wines! :) So don't worry, there is hope for your children yet! :)

Me said...

Yep, sounds like a Yooper :) As for sounding like one....I remember when I was a kid visiting up there, I'd come back talking like them...LOL.