Wednesday, June 22, 2005

One Proud Mommy!

As mother's we teach our children many things. We teach them to walk, use the potty, identify shapes, colors, etc. I have been teaching H how to read for about 2 weeks now and it is the best feeling to see my daughter reading right in front of my eyes! She is still a bit unsure of herself, but she is reading words like am, mat, sat, rat, ram, eat, see, and me. It is so proud of her! With the majority of the population sending their children to school, how many mother's can say that they are the ones to teach their children how to read!

On the other hand, G has been "barking" like a dog whenever he hears a dog bark. He sure likes dogs and gets real excited whenever he sees one. He likes to copy sounds and faces we make too. He is getting better about walking holding onto just one of my hands and he stands in one place without holding onto something for much longer periods of time.

J is getting better at knowing his colors. He is asking to go potty more often now, so I need to find a potty seat for him to use and take advantage of that! It is hard since we aren't in our own home, but if he is ready I am willing!

The accomplishments of my children never cease to amaze me. I am proud of the things they do!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Sounds awesome! Did you finish the 100 Easy Lessons, or did you use another method? I can't wait till Isaac can read, I feel like its the first major milestone.

Sounds like Gabriel is going to be an early walker!

Me said...

That's so awesome! Can't wait til I get to teach little Gracie so much more!

Hope you're enjoying da U.P. :)