Sunday, June 26, 2005

Blasted Car Seats

Why do they make car seats SO difficult to install? I mean we are parents, not rocket scientists. I feel like I need to go to Car Seat Installation 101 to understand how to get the seats in. Normally Zach does the installing of the seats, but today I cleaned our van and now I can't figure out how to get the baby's seat tight enough. Our seatbelts don't lock like most do and we don't have anchors in our van for the LATCH system. I think I will eventually take the van in to have them installed (if you have a vehicle without the anchors they are required to install it for free). I heard they'll even fix your seatbelts in your vehicle it they're all twisted and crooked. So, that is just one more thing on my agenda. And who knows if anybody way up here in da woods knows how to properly install a car seat!?! For now I just need to figure out how to make his seat tight enough with the locking clip.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

After 3 kids and many car seats, and 5 years worth of driving w/ little ones to top it off, you still can't figure those things out?? I guess it only takes a man to fix/put together/figure out everything! Here's a tip: Next time you clean the van, don't take them out! I love you, Zach