Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Milestones

Last night and the night before G took one or two steps here and there. It is over...He is going to walk so soon. Daddy is sad because he's missing out on G's first steps. I don't blame him, I would be sad too. I am sad because my baby is growing so fast. It is amazing to see him do this and I can tell he is excited about it, but where is my baby? He will be the earliest walker out of all 3 children. I couldn't imagine knowing that he was my last baby and seeing it fly by before my eyes. It's like I can't blink because he is growing so fast. Pretty soon he will be chasing his brother and sister around.

Onto a totally different note I am finally going digital. My aunt is supposed to give me a digital camera. I am hoping then I will be able to post more pictures on here and capture more pictures. I love my camera, but I am excited to try a digital one also. I feel like I will need a class to learn it though- it is all so foreign to me.

H's been reading many words now. I am amazed at how quickly she is picking up on it! I shouldn't be amazed because she is a bright girl, but who would think in like 15 lessons she would be reading words???

J is STILL not potty trained, but he tells me more and more often he has to go potty. Only thing is that he tells me when I have no potty around, so I have to tell him to go in his diaper. I thought maybe being here it would be easy to potty train him, but I have yet to try. At least he is realizing more and more when he has to go.

Zach is learning to fend for himself in his lonely state. Of course, he always can, but he is so used to us being around, helping out and doing the household tasks. He's taken over the house by leaving out work clothes, the ironing board, etc. He's washing clothes and dishes and he is so lonely! I guess it gives him time to work on things he otherwise isn't able to. I am trying to convince him to paint the hallway while we're gone. We have the paint already, so what a breeze, especially with no children around.

2 comments:

Me said...

Oh yah....he should totally take advantage of there being no kids around! He could re-roof the house, paint the rest of the house, build a barn...LOL...okay, so maybe just the hall :)

Wilson Clan said...

hi, it's melissa from AR. (I joined recently)

Glad you are getting to visit with family..

We just came back from MI this weekend..

I know what you mean by not blinking..my youngest dd walked at 7 months and it was exciting but sad at the same time..

Her older sister (by 11 months) was waslking of course, but was developmentally delayed and it seemed like they started doing things close in pace.

I felt happy for my dd, sad she was in such a race to catch up to them, and sad for my oldest dd because little sister good talk better then here...run better etc

She didn't potty train fully til 4 years...and even then due to IBS had accidents..hang in there..they get it evetually..it's hard though.

I'm sorry your husband is missing this..I hope the gap between seeing him feels shorter..

God Bless,
Melissa