Monday, June 06, 2005

Frustrations abound

I am so tired of this whole fiasco of me trying to get back to the U.P. for a visit. Nobody wants me to drive alone with the kiddos. I don't really want to, but I would. It has been almost 2 years since we've been back to Michigan and I am SO homesick. Z is only able to get 2 weeks off, if even they let him take time off. I want to go before his scheduled time because I have family and school reunions and because I would not do that long trip for only 2 weeks. We originally thought maybe my mom could fly down and drive up with me and then Z fly up later and we could split the ticket and change the name but we just found out you can't do that. We don't have stinking' $300 to buy a ticket (well, we do, but then it would be my mom paying $300 for her own ticket, us paying $300 for Z's ticket plus the money it will cost for me to drive up)! And the one-way tickets are way more than round-trip, so we would just buy a round-trip ticket. I would consider flying up with the kiddos alone but tickets are so expensive to fly into the U.P. And then I wouldn't have a vehicle while there either. I am SO tired of dealing with this and wondering if I will even make it 'home'. It is stressing me out so bad as I am SO homesick! I just had to vent...

4 comments:

Amie said...

Hope you work things out, it does sound stressful. Traveling with three kids and no husband is no easy feat!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm Wendy from AR...just came to say hi

Choppzs said...

I completely understand. It has been 2 yrs since I have been able to go home to Michigan. It has been even longer for my husband. Since we just got here to Cali it is way cheaper to fly then Hawaii, but still hard when you have to buy so many tickets and husband can't get leave time. Now it looks as if it may be even longer since I am pregnant and can't fly after a certain time. It sucks being away from home!! I miss Michigan! Good luck, I hope you guys find a way to make it home! I feel for you!

Risa said...

I hope to see you there but we are planning to be moving and packing - that's what we are going home to do! I'm not sure when we will be there - we were going to hitch a ride with Levi and Jaclyn but I can't say I look forward to riding in the back seat of a VW Golf with 2 children for 8 hours! - AFTER traveling for 4 hours just to get to that car! :) We don't have our own van down here yet so we have been relying on my mom for transportation thus far...and our Pastor has their van so if we want to go anywhere as one big happy family, we have to pack 7 people into an Explorer! What fun! :) But, I do hope to see you guys - maybe we could all go and visit Grandma and Grandpa on the same day - they would love that! The only thing that would be missing is Lydia and Zoe! :) I will email you my cell phone number later so we can nail a time down later. Love ya! :)