Thursday, June 02, 2005

I cannot imagine...

Life without children. We recently met a couple that have been married for 6 years just like us. They have no children. They haven't wanted any. I just try to comprehend that and I can't even imagine what my life would be like. I think it would be so empty and boring. I know I would still have God and Z, but without children, what would I do? Work outside of the home? And what would that accomplish? What kind of reward would I receive? I know I don't get 'rewards' for being a mommy, at least not in the way the world thinks. They are rewards though. They are blessings. Every day they bring smiles to my face numerous times. The things they say and do. What other type of job could bring me such joy and satisfaction? Of course being a mommy isn' t always easy. I struggle every day. But to have J walk up to me in his little football clothes and say, "I love you", or to have G reach for me and say mamma, or to have H come and give me a big hug out of the blue. These are priceless. To me other types of 'jobs' in the world are meaningless.

No comments: