Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Military Housing

We currently do not live in base housing, but we did at our other two bases. We were blessed to buy a home this time. The house we were offered made me cry, literally. I have a friend here who lives in base housing. She told me about a month ago about herceiling caving in and the housing not doing a thing about it. Today I went to her house. This poor woman has two children and you should see her ceiling! In the living/dining area part of it is starting to come apart and sag. You go upstairs into her bathroom- there is a HOLE in the ceiling. Housing maintance has been there many times and has not fixed it. She has 'yard Nazi's' come and give her lawn tickets for her grass being an inch too high (no joke)- yet her ceiling is caving in! As I was driving to her house through housing you should have seen the number of vacant houses. Now tell me, why can't they move into a house that isn't falling apart????? There is NO reason ANYONE should live in conditions like that- much less somebody serving our country!!! Prisoners live better than that! Just a rant about my poor friend and how she's living.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Thats awful!