Saturday, June 04, 2005

Ahhh...Sun!

Well, living down here we usually always have sunny, warm weather. Finally this weekend I have been able to lay out and enjoy some of it. We have a blow-up pool, the kind that is big enough for an adult or two to sit in. Yesterday we all had a blast in the pool and I got a bit of sunshine! Today while the children napped I went out in the pool and caught some rays. Ohhh, it was so relaxing. There is something about laying out and tanning that just relaxes me. I have been doing it since a wee child. I remember my baby-sitter from when I was about 5 years old. She would pack up me, herself and her children and head to the beach every day. That's probably why I love the sun so much. What I would give to go back for one of those carefree days as a little girl playing on the beach with my best friend and Barbie dolls. Oh, but it is a delight watching my wee ones enjoy the water (granted, its a pool) as much as I did.

2 comments:

Choppzs said...

I was reading your blog about military housing. I myself was a Marine Corps wife for 8 yrs. My husband just got out in March and we are now a civilian family. During our time of living on base, I would just look at some of the housing and say "no way, we are not living in that". We lived in base housing in both Maryland and Hawaii, but in N.C. we lived off base. I know exactly what you are talking about and still shake my head at how the people who risk their lives for this country, get the lowest standards of living! It's rediculous!!

Amie said...

The pool sounds nice! For me, its the opposite. I relax in the house while Miah takes all the boys to the beach :D