Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bits 'n Pieces

You know you've been indoctrinated into the Baptist church when:
The other day J walked into the room with his Spiderman blanket about him like a royal robe and a Darth Vader helmet upon his head. He then exclaimed, "I am the King of the Baptists!"

Last night Zach and I went on a date. First, we went to McDonald's (we weren't very hungry). We just got their delicious snack wraps to munch on. Then we went bowling. You pay by the half hour or hour so we thought we'd bowl for an hour. The cost? $21! That is robbery! So, we just did the half hour. We played two full games and got a bit into the third. We each one a game and by the time our time was up Zach was kicking my booty. I remember the day when it cost about $5 to bowl. Am I getting that old?

I figured it out. I have an aura that just draws bad service to me in a restaurant. Yesterday we went to Mobile and we ate lunch at Steak & Shake. The waiter brought our drinks and was standing quite close to me with the tray. I inched over a bit. Then I thought, "Boy, that is going to spill on me. Will I have to go shopping for new clothes?" No sooner did I think that and I was drenched in cold water. I was pretty shocked, mad, alarmed, wet and cold! Even though I knew that was going to happen! I handled it gracefully. Thankfully it was water. And it was an accident. So, guess we'll continue to eat at home.

Speaking of eating at home I've been doing great with cooking meals and eating out less! We seem to be saving money plus we are eating way healthier! I really enjoy it as I know I'm doing the best thing for my family.

I'm listening to some wonderful tapes by
Reb Bradley. I enjoy reading parenting books and listening to tapes even though most of the stuff is common sense or I know it. I guess it just encourages me to walk the way I need to walk and train the way I need to train. They are so wonderful...I highly recommend these!

I took G to get his hair cut the other day. He did so well- sat perfectly still the whole time and just watched. This is the same boy who will not eat a bite of food to save his life! It is very frustrating! He can still fit into some 18 month clothes at 26 months!

H has been a little mommy to her baby doll lately. One day we went to our friends' house and I open the door of the van and her shirt is half off! She was nursing her baby! She is so funny!

I have been having some weird pains. First I had sinus headaches. Then they just turned into headaches, but mostly just on the left side. Then one day my leg was numb and I thought I had a pinched nerve. Then I thought, no it must be my sciatic nerve. The next day that was better, although my left 'cheek' hurt a bit, but since then my left arm has really been aching. I am dreading going to the doctor but I just may have to cave in. I am tired of being sore and wondering what is going on. I've also been feeling dizzy at times (mostly after I eat). It's so weird.

Well that recaps our past week in a nutshell. Now, for another busy week...

3 comments:

Amie said...

I remember when bowling was a lot cheaper! When we went bowling in July, I couldn't believe what their regular prices where.

I think I would see a doctor too, if I was having similar symptoms.

Anonymous said...

I like how you used different colors for each paragraph- pretty!

You should go see the Dr.- maybe they could help.

Good job on the cooking at home more!! :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha wuh you had me crackin up when i read the thing about hannah.. that is too funny.. love ya