Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kid-bits















G peed on the potty for the first time today. He has got to be my first child to do that at 26 months! I just hope he continues to do that! We made a big to-do about it and gave him a treat and all of us were cheering so hopefully he'll try again tomorrow. He still ends up in our bed at night and we still need to lie with him for him to fall asleep. Sometimes this drives me nuts, but I forget the annoyance of it when his little arms encircle my neck and he sticks his head near to mine. He's such a sweet and cuddly little thing! We will definatly keep him! He's been quite a stinker lately, I'm not sure if he is teething or what his deal is. But when I watch him sleep or feel his cuddly body all of his stinkiness is washed away! I'm smitten!














H has been praying for a baby sister. She said she is going to keep praying. She has such a big heart! Their Awana Fall Festival was this past Sunday and they were to dress up in what they want to be when they grown up (the closest we've ever come to doing anything for Halloween). She dressed up as a Mommy. I'm so proud of her! I keep telling her that is the highest calling and the best thing she could do! She wants 8 kids, all girls. She just flies through her schoolwork and is so bright and really remembers things. The questions she comes up with sometimes really stump me! I am so proud of her and I am so thankful the Lord blessed us with her!



















Tonight when J said his prayers he told Jesus he's going to hug him tomorrow. I just love the faith of a child! Sometimes in the morning he will tell us that Jesus slept with him! How precious! Tonight while putting away groceries he held up a bag of pads and asked, "Where do these band-aids go?" I busted up laughing! He's doing great in his school and often asks to do school. He loves to write and he is really retaining things I teach, even though we only do it for a short time. I am amazed he remembers letters and numbers after only going through them one time. He often listens to H's questions and I know he also learns that way. She has so many questions and often they are about God. He enjoys a good laugh and loves to be 'tickled hard' as he says. He really thrives on love and praise (must have the same love language as his daddy). He's growing so fast and it really makes me sad to see that happen (in a way), as I try to remember all of the baby days with him and his sister and brother. It seems children just grow too fast and I often forget to just stop and enjoy them. I'm so proud of J and love him with my whole heart.

I am a blessed woman. I pray the Lord blesses us with many more children! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christine said...

Your children are so precious. What an accomlishment you have achieved with G. I pray that he keeps up the great work! I just found out last night that we are blessed with out third little one. We have prayed for this baby for quite some time now. I am keeping you in my prayers, that God will send you another precious one very soon. Blessings!

Amie said...

How sweet. After spending a few days with them, I see everything you just said. And H was quite adamant that she wanted NO boys LOL.

Still laughing at the band aid thing.

Choppzs said...

Congrats on the potty!! YaH!! I wish Crazy would start. He has gone a couple times, but then it's a while till he decides he wants to do it again!!

LOL at the pads thing!! That's to funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I got your blog address off of the quiverful list. I was excited to see someone else younger than 30. I am married with one baby girl. Just wanted to say I enjoy reading about your family.

Kim C. said...

Congrats on the potty! We're in the midst of that too, and this one is 3 months past her 2nd birthday.
I love your picture of the kids' feet at the beach - you should think of using it for a header to your blog!