Sunday, November 05, 2006

'Facing The Giants'

We went and saw this movie yesterday. It was so very good. To sit in a movie theater and hear the word of Jesus proclaimed over and over again just floored me! Why can't they make more wholesome Christian movies like that? It was real emotional in some parts and I was really crying- although holding back tears too. There was one part where the coach got in one of the players faces and it was intense. It was about endurance and it really made me think how Jesus is our coach. We may have moments, days, weeks or months where we just feel in a rut and don't want to go on. Yet Jesus is in our face telling us we can do it, just keep going, hang in there, etc. That part had such an impact on me. I still get teary eyed when thinking about it. I mess up continually and so often just want to give up on things, yet the only way I get through is with Jesus helping me, encouraging me. Oh, we serve a great God. If you haven't yet seen the movie- let's support the works of a wonderful film, stand up and show the world that we CAN succeed in making good wholesome CHRISTIAN movies!

1 comment:

Christine said...

This really was an amazing movie. I am so glad that you enjoyed it! I am still baffled that it made it to the theaters on a $100,000 budget. God's Hand was definitely in it.Prayers for you!