Monday, November 13, 2006

See, I'm Not So Heartless

I've actually been crying because the dog has a new home. The lady just came and picked him up about a half an hour ago. I just wonder if I've done the right thing for him and question it all now. I know that he needed a new home where he'd get more attention. The kids are sad. J hit me because he got so upset- he has never done something like that. H is probably still crying. I feel really bad for them. H asked if she could go and live with the lady who took him so she could be with him. So, I've been crying about it all. Like I said I know it is the right thing, but you know how we question ourselves from time to time? It will be a relief though. Now I can't wait to clean and have a hairless house! So, caught up in the emotions I get an email that yet another friend had her baby! I'm ecstatic but at the same time my arms are feeling empty as my babies are growing up and I keep wondering when God will place life in my womb again. I know it is in His time but at times I just get a bit sad about it all. Especially when I think that I'd have quite a showing belly by now... Ok, off to cry for awhile. See, I'm not such a cruel animal hater afterall! Spock, I'm sorry I hated you so much and I wish you the best!

4 comments:

Me said...

I remember not liking Simon Peter all that well and I felt bad when we actually did have to get rid of him. I felt bad cuz I knew Ry loved him a lot. It's not my fault he was a biter!

Don't feel bad. Not all of us are meant to be dog lovers.

Anonymous said...

Aw Jam, that's too bad. You gotta do what you gotta do. Hugs for you and the kids!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get rid of my dog. She really is a good dog, but a dog non-the-less. She stinks to high heaven and shedding season, clumps of hair can be found everywhere. But, dummy me, wanted to please my dog loving hubby. The good news, I've made it through half of her life. Only about 5 more years to go. :-) It's hard to imagine crying over, but I'm sure if the kids cry, I would too. I also have 3 cats that I am counting down for. And I like cats! When you are a kid, you have no idea what your parents have to put up with when they let you have pets until you grow up and have pets of your own.
Anyway, thanks for entering my contest. The mashed potatoes sound so yummy! I can't wait to try them myself!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're heartless either!! I'm hesitant to get an animal b/c of all of those reasons-even though I really like cats and dogs and the kids want them.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad about babies lately. I know this has been hard for you, and understandably so. Praying for you, sweetie!