Friday, November 17, 2006

Little Miss Betty Crocker

Lately I have just been cooking and baking up a storm. I have cooked so many meals this month. And I'm enjoying it. Normally I go through a spurt of cooking and then it tapers off. It's never lasted this long! It is so fun to try new things and see what it tastes like and if Zach likes it. My main goal is to feed his tummy with food he loves!!! Well, on top of providing good and nutritious food for us! Tonight is chicken in the crockpot. He isn't too fond of chicken, but it has also got some potatoes, onions and carrots in there with a bunch of seasonings so hopefully it turns out to be good. I've also been baking alot. Tis the season for baking! Last week I made these wonderfully chocolaty chocolate chip cookies. We made bread in the shape of a turtle for school one day this week. Today I made Pumpkin bread. Not even sure if I like pumpkin bread but I was itching to try something different. We all know that next week will be an even busier time in the kitchen as we prepare our Thanksgiving meal. Yum! I can't wait! The kids can't wait for our 'feast' as they call it either! May you also have a joyful time in your kitchen preparing wonderful foods for your families!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! It all sounds great- you're makin' me hungry! My kids love to bake with me. Have you ever tried cooking things that you can freeze? I did that before K was born and it worked great. I really want to do it again one of these days.

Me said...

Sounds yummy to me!!! I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

You won! Send me your address and I will get the book out to you! Congratulations!