Monday, November 27, 2006

Life

We had a very good Thanksgiving. I cooked for what seemed like an army because I wasn't sure how many people would show up. Turned out only 2 students came, but so did some friends of ours, so there were 6 adults and 6 kids. We had a great time and the students that were here were also Christians so we had some great conversations! I was quite exhausted when all was said and done and we've really been enjoying the leftovers! But I already stated that nobody is coming over for Christmas! It is so much work for one person to do and I feel I don't always get to enjoy the day. Maybe for Christmas I'll just make us a lasagna.

Friday I didn't want to do a thing. I didn't do a thing. Zach was itching to go shopping but he knew how tired I was from the day before so we just stayed at home. It was actually warm enough that he put the waterslide out for the kids! They sure had fun on that! I think the kids took about a 3 hour nap that day!

Saturday we went shopping. First we went to eat at
Moe's. If you've never been to one you've gotta go- they are awesome! We had been to one in North Carolina awhile ago and I loved it back then too! We found a few things for Christmas gifts but not too much. I'm really uncertain what to get the kids this year- they don't need more junky toys. Legos are one thing that Zach has been getting them and they love them! It was a nice day to spend out in Mobile, but it was also nice to come back home! I've been the biggest homebody lately!

Yesterday J went to his Sunday School class for the first time!!! I was SO proud of him! Hopefully he'll continue to go from here on out. H had choir practice. Her Christmas pageant is coming up soon. I can't wait to see it all put together!

I meant to write a post earlier but our computer has been really slow. I bought this new anti-virus awhile back and tried to download it on the computer recently and it had really slowed down the computer. How frustrating! I will NEVER buy that one again. It is called BitDefender and many websites I went to said it was the best. Well, how can it be good if it majorly slows down your PC? I tried to contact them and they needed me to zip something and send the report but my computer wouldn't allow the file, so who knows? I will write the company I bought it from and try to get my money back. I am very unhappy about it all. So, that's about all we've been up to. Had quite the relaxing weekend!

5 comments:

Amie said...

Lasagna on Christmas sounds great! It is hard to host a Holiday by yourself, their meant to be divided between a whole bunch of cooks!

I think we are going to getting the boys some more legos too. They really love their legos, and the more you have the more creative you can be!

Oh yeah, I thought about calling you and letting you know about the wallflowers, but of course got distracted!

Anonymous said...

I love small family and friends on Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I congratulate you on your Thanksgiving celebration and hope you had a great time. I'm working with BitDefender and I apologize for any inconveniences that BitDefender caused. I would like you to write me an email with a more detailed story about your issues with BitDefender. We, the people working on BitDefender shall try to help you as much as we can to resolve any inconveniences with this software.
My email is fstiuca(at)bitdefender.com please do drop me a line so I can help you with your software.

Anonymous said...

Yikes - cooking everything all by yourself is quite the undertaking. No wonder you were wiped out. Hope you had help with the dishes. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Well, I thought croquet was good but I guess you guys had us beat with the waterslide! :)

Bob's brother is some kind of IT guy for Warner trucking, a real computer geek, and we use AVG he says its the best and we never have a problem with it slowing our computer down.