Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Last Straw?








=

A dog + puke = a grave


I've said in the past how much I do NOT like the mutt we have. I'm sorry to all of you animal lovers... It's not that I hate animals. I like animals. They're cute. I'm just not fond of them in my house. As pets. It has been over 3 months and I'm still not used to having a pet. I hate seeing the dog hair everywhere and feeling like I constantly have to clean it up (because otherwise I think its gross lying around). I hate smelling dog. I hate the fact that he has dug up our backyard like you wouldn't believe, chewed the kids toys, chewed part of my couch and stained our carpet. I am not sure how many puke stains we have going on now, but the latest one has got to be the worst. And it smells like poop. And puke. So, the entire house smells like that. I hate it. I am a neat freak (too much so) and the fact that my house ROTS ticks me off. Zach's had it too. Will that mean we get rid of the mutt? I can only keep wishing. Everybody in the house knows how much I don't like him. Most of the day when the kids and I are doing school I have him locked up in the back or outside so I don't have to deal with him. And I just keep praying that the day comes when he can go and live elsewhere. I know the kids will be sad. But, I just want my house to feel clean again. I just want the burden off of my back.

8 comments:

Choppzs said...

I know what you mean. My dogs are constantly puking, but I found the greatest stuff that takes it right out. AND the smell! It's called Kids and Pets Stain remover. I get it at the local grocery store. That or Nature's Miracle from Petco or PetSmart. I always get mad about the cleaning too, but then I look at their little faces and can't help but feel bad for them. IT's not like they are puking on purpose ya know? lol I hate the dog hair too, but I just vacuum every couple days, and of course they aren't allowed on the furniture and stuff. Plus I brush them every morning when i go out and drink my coffee on the porch. So anyways, until you can get rid of him I would try those cleaners, they work really well!

Anonymous said...

With proper and daily training a dog can be very loving and well behaved pet, (probably better than most children). Training you dog could also be rewarding for your children. Teach the dog to only stay in the kitchen to help with the pet hair. It sounds like you have a puppy still. THink of him as a toddler, the energy level is sky high, he needs to release that energy some how, hence digging holes, chewing toys. Take him for walks/runs, I had my dog run along side my bike while I rode to help burn energy. Take him to the park and let your children run with him. It took some time to train but so do children. YOU HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT when training a dog. I too deal with the puke, hair, ruined yard as does every other pet owner. That is what you choose when getting a pet. Your dog will only be as good as you make him. He is not born with the ability to behave as we expect. If you don't want to take him to training classes there are many good books on how to train your dog. It is such a shame so many people feel they can bring a dog into their lives and after a few months just get rid of it. They have emotions too and get attached to people.

Amie said...

At least Zach is wanting another dog! LOL, Jeremiah wants another dog so bad, he even said thats what he wants for Christmas.

Amie said...

Isn't, I meant.

Jamie said...

Heather, I remember you telling me about that pet stuff before. I just picked up some new stuff...we'll see if it works, although these stains are already probably set in... I know he ain't puking on purpose, but it still just irks me (probably moreso because I never wanted him to begin with).

Anon, I know that with time dogs can be trained, but I just do not have the time to train a dog. It is hard enough for my to train my children consistently...I can't imagine a dog. I didn't want him to begin with. I think hubby thought it would be easy to care for a dog, but until the mutt is trained there is no hope for him. Hubby has no time to train either as he works 9-10 hour days at times. I don't always have the love and energy I know I need to for my kids, much less a dog. And my kids come before any animal. I know dogs have emotions, but I think he'd be better off living somewhere else...where he gets more attention and love and training. Hopefully he's gone sooner than later.

Amie, I can't believe Miah wants another dog! I told Zach that when we live on acres of land (if ever) we can have an outdoor dog! That will probably not be until he's retired if that happens...

razorbackmama said...

Oh you are soooooooooo reminding me why we don't have pets. :-D

Me said...

Don't feel bad....I'm not too keen on dogs either. I don't mind them, but they're not for me.

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to come over with the steam cleaner???
I'm not allowed to let anyone borrow it but I can come do the floors for ya!

HUGS