Friday, January 19, 2007

In Real Life

I have been pondering this post for some time. If you look at my list of blogging friends maybe you wonder if I know any of them in real life. So, this post is for those I do know in real life...a sort of reminiscent post. For those who read and that I don't know it is your chance to see my real life friends! I am not able to post on all I know, but I am posting on the 4 that I have known the longest. But, I do know Anna D., Beth J., Bethany, Bobbie Jo, Canaan, Christy, Denise, and Lisa G. Even if I have met them only once or twice!


So, to get started...

My great friend Rebecca is the one I have known the longest. We grew up together, going to elementary and high school. I have so many great memories of us- from playing on the playground and going to her house a few times, to seeing her horse and being in study hall together. From passing notes and passing crushes to basketball games and Tech hockey. Here is an old picture of Rebecca and I. Keep in mind that this is in 1994... We liked to hang out in the library in the mornings before classes got under way. Miss ya Rammer and so glad we still keep in touch. Rebecca is new to blogging, so be sure to check her out along with her adorable family!
I can't recall who of the next two that I met first, but I am going with Marisa since she is my relative! I remember when her family first started coming to our church. I remember when I "dated" (for a short time) her brother! No, we were not related then! I remember our great times on youth outings, our trip to Grand Forks, all the many boys, and picking strawberry's on her farm. I remember Mom & Kim's wedding as we both were bridesmaids. You see, her family introduced my mom to my stepdad, Kim (it IS a man!). So, that is how we eventually became related. I remember sleeping at Grandma & Grandpa's and our many holidays together. Ris, I miss you and I'm so glad you blog so I can keep up on you all. I love seeing pictures of the kids and hope one of these years we can all get together again! So, here is Risa...
Risa, the back of this picture says we were acting like Steve's! Guess with the hats backwards???

Onto Jodie... What can I say about her. When her family came to church it changed my life! Well, same with Risa's since I did gain a stepdad! Jodie and I became fast friends and were inseparable whenever possible. We seemed to be youth group 'rebels'. We were the ones to be watched by Bonnie (she was like a Nazi) at Bible camp. We were the ones who snuck out of a Billy Graham crusade to go riding with boys. We were the ones who snuck to a dance behind her parents back and got busted. Seemed wherever we turned we headed for trouble. Thankfully it wasn't the kind of trouble kids nowadays get into! I loved going to her house and riding her horses (although I had a scare) and we had quite some 4 wheeler rides (or was it a 3 wheeler?)! Remember the car that disappeared? And the bricks up to your window that could have been from that Goodreau guy down the road? Freaky stuff! Jodie, BFWTHIH, right??? It was wonderful to see you this past summer! Can't wait to get together again! So, here's a goofy picture of us (well, me):
Onto the last person. She is my sister-in-law. I didn't really know her well, but I had met her through Marisa. I remember when Amie's youth group and our youth group went to Six Flags together. I remember the sleepover and Risa's (picture taken below) and getting to know Amie a bit. So, Amie was dating Jeremiah (who is now her husband)...and years later we meet up again in college at a His House retreat! By this time they were married. Who would have thought I'd meet Jeremiah's little brother and fall in love with him? Who would know that one day Amie and I would be 'related'? It is really weird when I think about it. While I don't chat on the phone with Amie often (or anybody listed above or anybody in general), when we do talk we just pick up like old times. I really enjoy visiting with her and we never run out of things to talk about! It was great when they came down to visit in October and we got to go out shopping together! Amie, this is one of the only pictures I have of you...thought you'd appreciate it;

And I'll leave you with this last picture:
Girls, I still have my mouse!!!
So, who else wants to participate in my game of In Real Life? If so, let me know!

9 comments:

Becca said...

jnruktpAh, the wonderful, enlightening high school years! Thanks for the trip down memory lane and for being a forever friend!

Becca said...

(That first bit isn't code...just the word verification which made it into the wrong spot.... woops...please feel free to edit if you like!)
And I wondered why it wasn't showing up in the box...it was in my message!

Anonymous said...

My my you all have grown and where did those years go? I didn't know about sneaking out of the Billy Graham(?) thing to go riding with boys. Not so cool and had I known you would be in big trouble! You too Jodie.

Amie said...

Haha, getting scolded by your mom this many years later LOL

Anyway, I remember that slumber party. Who would of ever imagined we would of married brothers! Now if only we lived closer.

A great idea for a post.

Me said...

I like this one! I'll have to do it too!!!!

Too cute!

Jamie said...

Uh, Mom, there are SOME things parents don't know about. And I was an ALOT better kid than you were!!! You know MOST of the bad things I've done because I've told you throughout the years! So, stop the scolding;) Love ya mom!

Risa said...

I still have my tiger! :)

I have a picture that will jog your and Jodie's memories who Steve is, I will have to have Bob hook up the scanner so I can post it, you will laugh! :)

This was fun, thanks! :)

Oh, and the sleepover was my 16th birthday, the last one I had a big party for!

Anna said...

Great idea Jamie! It's always such a good feeling to go down memory lane!

Jodie said...

Oh my gosh - I'm dying right now. Bonnie?! I forgot about her. Too funny. I forgot about a lot of that stuff. Thanks for the memories and funny pics.

And sorry Darlene. :)