Monday, January 01, 2007

So, it's a new year...

and another day on a new calendar. I guess we really don't get into the whole celebrating the New Year thing. I mean it is nice to reflect on the past year, the good and the bad, where we erred and how we can change, but that is something I think we need to do daily. We don't party or drink, so there is no need to find a baby-sitter and be hung over the next day. I have to tell you, and I know I've said it before, these people in the south get crazy with their fireworks. And when in the middle of the day I'm trying to nap and fireworks are going off I am not a happy camper. Well, last night had me awake for probably almost an hour. I remember when we invaded Iraq and watching that first day as Baghdad was getting hit. I thought it was happening here. Bang after bang and boom after boom. And you know that I was the only one in my house to awaken to it. Then as I lay there I thought how funny it would be to wake early in the morning when all of those crazy people are sleeping and start shooting some off...but of course I'd never do that. I cannot wait to leave this crazy south and move back to where my roots are. Guess I am a true Yank and don't see that changing.

On to other things, the past two days I've felt much better than the two days prior. When we came home from Destin I felt so sick and all I did for two days was lay there and pray I wouldn't be sick. Last night we went out to dinner and then we went and saw 'Night at The Museum'. It was really good. It was funny to watch Cuddly Boy jump in a few spots. Today we took our tree down and I'm cleaning house. It has really gone downhill these past few weeks that I've been feeling blah, so now its time to scrub away! Especially since Zach is still home to help out with the kids that while. So, I'm going to attempt to clean off my desk.

Happy Monday and Happy New Year to you all!

5 comments:

Risa said...

Glad you are feeling better, hope it lasts for more than a couple of days! :)

Amie said...

Happy New Year!

Jodie said...

That would be weird to hear fireworks right now.

Cute pictures! Nice ring and nice nails. :)

Me said...

Glad you're feeling better! Hope you had a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

we love Destin and go every May or June. I hope you feel better soon. So where in the north are you from? My mom is from R.I~ dh mom was from Maine :)

love reading your blog~
blessings,
Teena