Tuesday, October 23, 2007

When I Grow Up

Last night on the way home from church I asked Cuddly Boy what he wanted to be when he grows up. During church I had whispered to him asking if he wanted to be a pastor. So, his answer was 'Pastor' (in addition to a dinosaur and race car). My children love the pastor. Every Sunday they want to run to him with 'hello' and hugs! We are having a conference at church through Wednesday night this week. Cuddly Boy just LISTENS so intently to the music. When its time to pray he folds his hands and bows his head so nicely. Of course, he's trained to do that as he is always in church with us. Anyway, I'm going off on another tangent. I figure, it doesn't hurt to whisper to our children, to encourage them to be men and women of God!

Of course, on this same trip home Little man claimed he wanted to be an Army man, a police man and a Walmart man. He explained that a Walmart man is the person who gives you things at the store. I wish they simply GAVE you things. And I certainly hope his highest dreams aren't to work at Walmart!!!

Princess thinks she can be a ballerina for awhile and then a mommy for forever. If only she could take ballet lessons...

Its funny to hear the dreams of children.

5 comments:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

My girls want that so badly as well (to be ballerinas) and I struggle with it all. A) It is expensive to send them to all the lessons, etc. and then B) would I want them to actually be a ballerina, knowing certain things about "behind the scenes" of the dancer lifestyle?

Yet it is such a beautiful talent and they admire it so much. Sigh!

Amie said...

Yup, I remember when Isaac aspired to work at Burger King LOL

Jodie said...

I'm still laughing at walmart man. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

You mentioned how you rkids love their pastor...reminds me of when my nephew was little and somehow mistakenly thought Pete's dad (our minister) was Jesus....there was a potluck supper at the church after services one sunday and they happened to be at the same table. He leaned over to my sister and in a audible whisper said "Mom, Jesus is at our table!"

Anonymous said...

don't forget we do need the walmart man! lol