Friday, November 30, 2007

Cotton!

Today we went to a cotton gin! How cool is that? It was really neat. We got to see the different things that happen to cotton. The gin wasn't working when we were there and so we got to get up close and look at it and hear how exactly the process works. It looked like big bunches of snow! There was a HUGE building that held the dirty cotton seeds. It looked like mountains of snow and looked so fun to jump in. It reminded me of the buildings they have back home filled with salt to put on the roads for snow. And the huge bales of cotton! Wow! It was a real informative morning. We were able to take some cotton home, the kiddos got a coloring book and we also got a 'bundle' of cotton! It was great!

Afterwards we went to eat at Moe's with our friends. Then it was off to do some shopping. I didn't find much of what I was looking for, but I was able to get a couple of things! Now its off to a cookie exchange! So I can gain even more weight. Eh.