Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Reunions, Recipes and an Advertisement

I forgot to mention that on Sunday we did get to see our friend, Josh. I'd grown up with Josh, going to the same church, along with Risa and Jodie. Who'd ever have thought that Josh and Bethany would end up together? We had a great time catching up with him and playing some games at our house. It's kinda weird to see all of us grown up with kids though. I must be getting old! We talked about how we really need to have a 'youth group reunion'. Wouldn't that be fun? I mean how many of us actually go to our high school reunions? I always hung out with the kids from youth group (until I ended up with a boyfriend). Then I kinda ventured away from the group a bit more. So guys, maybe we could plan for the summer of 2009 to all meet up in the U.P. Gives us time to think about who, where, when, etc. and to contact them all. What do you girls think?

I have a recipe to share. I'm making it for dessert tonight as we're having some company. I'm not a big fan of pie so this is right up my alley.

Pumpkin Delight
1 large can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 c. each of sugar and brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter or margarine
1 small bag chopped walnuts or pecans
Mix together pumpkin, sugars, eggs, salt, spice and cond. milk until well blended. Pour into 13x9 in greased pan. Spread yellow cake mix on top of mixture and press slightly. Sprinkle with pecan pieces. Mix butter and pour evenly over top. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Serve warm or cold with cool whip and/or vanilla ice cream.

I went to B&BW today to get some new wallflowers. For all of you B&BW fans out there, they're having a great sale on Friday! I'm not a big 'black Friday' shopper at all, but I don't want to pass up their sales and a chance to stock up! Looks like online the sale may have already started.

Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! We as Americans sure have much to be thankful for. While you're chillin' and resting from all that wonderful food, check out Donna's blog. If this doesn't touch you then you must be cold-hearted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how that went........I"m glad that you all had fun. I know that sometimes it feels like we've been stuck in some sort of time warp, and now, all of a sudden, we are adults w/kids. But yet, don't really FEEL grownup. I wonder if we'll ever really feel grown up? ----------That pumpkin delight was REALLY good, by the way...........
Love,
Lynn

Risa said...

A reunion sounds like a good idea to me! We would have to include Amie though! She did a lot of stuff with our youth group!

Did you know that Wes lives in Milwaukee and is married (you might know that) and he has 2 kids!

Anyway...sounds like a great idea!

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Brian B. too!

Sorry...just getting a little carried away! LOL