Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving at the 'M' house

We had a great day. We slept late and lounged around a good part of the morning.
I finished a book I was desperately trying to finish (I hate waiting to find out how its going to end).

The kiddos played,


Zach watched the Packers win (again),

I cooked and we went and ate wonderful food and had fellowship with friends. This morning as we all prayed and read the Bible together I got real sad and missing my baby Malachi, thinking how he 'should' be here with us celebrating his first Thanksgiving. Or even the other baby. I guess these holidays will be difficult, knowing there's a void in our family. Then there's the joyous part of thinking that next Thanksgiving our daughter should be here from Liberia with us celebrating! The kiddos had an early night so Zach and I played a couple of games together. Now we're off to watch a movie and eat some leftover mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice to have a relaxing holiday. Did you all feel the hug I gave you? Miss and love you.