Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Books

I'm finally reading again. I just read the last two Karen Kingsbury books from the Above the Line Series. Good stuff, but I was bawling like a baby! I began a library book last night. I don't like the books that have really, really long chapters. This has 'breaks' here and there, but I really like where you can end a reading session at the end of a chapter, not in the middle of one! Ok, maybe its rather nerdy to post about books, at least Zach would tell me so ;)

Speaking of books last night I ordered some homeschool books. I finally got up the ambition to begin looking! I ordered them from ebay and saved probably like $30! LOVE it! I'm still trying to figure out what to do about history. I received an email from a lady who runs one of the homeschool books 'libraries' (she has the books at her home) so hopefully I can go there and check out some of the things I'm interested in.

And on another book note, Becky has published a book! I knew she was writing a book but now she's published! Congrats, Becky! And what perfect timing for me! I already ordered it. I "met" Becky is some online adoption groups as we were both in the process of adopting from Liberia. God closed the door on that to both of our families. I can't wait to be blessed by this book!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Nerdy or not, I could talk about books all day long!

Our4Monkeys said...

It's not nerdy! Tell Zach to get reading--I want all of the Baxter series books read by next week! Then, he needs to do a blog post about them. I bet he cries at every one. ;)

I started 'Take Four' shortly after you left today! I'm ready to crawl into bed now so I can get reading. I think I'm on chapter 3 now. I read the summary in the back and I can tell I'm going to be make about the Bailey/Cody situation in this one too...

Our4Monkeys said...

Oops--"be mad" is what I meant to say, not "be make".

I am OK said...

Wow, Zach would think I am a huge nerd then. I always post about my books. LOL.