Saturday, July 03, 2010

~HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY~

I'm proud to be free, but so many of the freedoms that this country was founded on have been taken away from us or are slowly being taken away and that is scary.

I'm proud to live in a country that was founded on Christ, but to think how far this country has fallen causes me to cringe and lose a bit of that pride.

So you see, throughout the years slowly my pride for America has waned. I'm so thankful for those who have come here long before us to begin a nation that can freely worship Christ, but what has happened to that nation? Where are the values that were instilled in the children of William Bradford and the other Pilgrims that took the long journey across the vast ocean?

So it is with a thankful heart, yet a heavy heart that I celebrate this Independence Day. I'm so thankful that God has placed me in a country that is so much 'better off' than many other countries. I've no wont of food out of desperation, no fear of death or genocide and I have a steady roof over my head. I'm thankful I can still freely worship my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for the liberties we do still possess. But my heart is also heavy for the state of this land, for its people have fallen so far from the values that were instilled in the very first "Americans". So, today, instead of saying "God bless America" I'm going to steal a quote a friend had on facebook, "BLESS GOD, AMERICA." Let's fall on our knees and turn back to Him- let's make our forefathers proud and more importantly let's walk in obedience to God.

Happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Happy 4th!

Kim said...

Can I have a 'Like this' click button...lol Happy 4th of July