Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Powerful Psalms

Tonight at our Small Group we were asked to each pick a Psalm that ministers to us and tell why.  It was great digging in the Psalms (and also hard to pick just one)!  Some verses really struck me from some chapters that people read and I wanted to share them. 

Psalm 22: 9, 10 "Yet you brought me out of the womb, you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast.  From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God."

Although our babies maybe haven't been at our breasts, they were made in our womb. So often we think of birth as the time our babies enter the world, but really it is from conception. So, from the time our baby was conceived they were cast upon God- from the very moment on conception they have been God's child! Wow! That is just so awesome to think about.



Psalm 71: 6 "From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb.  I will ever praise you."

Again, "birth" being conception- from the moment our babies were conceived they've relied on God.  Nothing we do or don't do will cause our child to grow right or wrong or not grow at all.  God intricately designs each child in the womb- and that child fully relies on Him before they take their first breath!  And when they don't have the opportunity to take a breath here on earth how much sweeter for them!  Then the verse says, "I will ever praise you."  How often do we on earth not praise Him?  But our precious heavenly babies are always, forever praising Him!!!  He created them (and us) with that very purpose- to praise and glorify Him!!!  It just amazed me to dwell on those scriptures tonight.  Even though we feel ripped off from not having our babies here with us, God created them specifically for heaven, for continual praise unto Him!  May we strive to always praise Him, even through the tough times of grief.

1 comment:

I am OK said...

I love Psalms. To pick just one would be so hard. But to pick one a day that speaks would be a fun challenge.

Pick one and let it lift you up.