Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Books

I have recently been addicted to reading Nicholas Sparks books. Normally when I read fiction I stick to Christian material. But, awhile ago I read 'The Notebook' and 'The Wedding'. So, I've ventured further and now I'm hooked. It takes me about 2-3 days to finish one of his books! I've also recently read 'Forever' by Karen Kingsbury and 'A Promise for Ellie' by Lauraine Snelling. It seems there are others I've recently read but I can't remember off-hand. Zach just read 'The Saint' by Ted Dekker in like 3 days (a record for him). It must have been good. I have all these books sitting on my shelves waiting to be read yet I keep borrowing from the library! When I bought the Snelling book I didn't realize it was a new series, a break-off of the 'Red River of the North Series'. When I discovered those books I had to read them just because I'd lived in North Dakota and it was neat to see the different towns they talked about and know where they were or that I had been there. I also have a list of non-fiction books I'd like to read, including 'The Sweater Letter'.

I love to read and my passion has taken off into my daughter. She checked out this almost 300 page book from the library with Princess stories. It was big print and had pictures, but she finished that book in no time at all. But, when I asked her what the stories were about I was disappointed when she told me that in one of them "Belle could feel the future". I looked at the book and sure enough, there was a gypsy and she took Belle's hand and asked about the future. So, we had a lesson on that and straightened out that only God knows the future! Guess I need to pre-read her books to make sure she's not reading things we don't want her to!

**On a different note, Little Man is feeling much better today and has eaten all day. While my stomach has hurt off and on since yesterday afternoon I'm feeling fine at the moment. So far the other children seem fine too. But Zach is dealing with sinuses or allergies. Oh, the joys! Friday I go to the doctor to get my head checked. I have a bump on my head that I've had for like 2 1/2 years from when I had a seizure and hit my head on the floor at Wal-mart. At last I'm going to get it checked out because I hate seeing it on my forehead. Nobody notices it unless I point it out, but I know its there and I see it every time I look in the mirror. I just pray they can find out why it hasn't gone away and what we can do about it!**

4 comments:

Amie said...

Melissa's little girl bumped her forehead and has a little bump that didn't go away. They were told it's a calcium deposit and it may or may not ever go away.

I still have to finish the Nicolas Sparks book that I bought when I was down there.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing about your latest reads! I will pray for your bump. Blessings!

Choppzs said...

I am glad the little ones are feeling better. We all have serious allergies around here too! It sucks!

Risa said...

I LOVE THE LIBRARY! :) It's a good thing that we don't have the same library because I think we would be fighting over the same books all the time! LOL

Glad Little Man is feeling better, hopefully it won't spread to anyone else! :)