Monday, April 23, 2007

War? Peace? Sanity?

Our weekend went pretty well. On Saturday the National Park here had an "Earth Day" celebration. We do not celebrate "Earth Day", but it sounded like a cool thing. The kids had fun. They got some free pencils, bookmarks, key chains and things like that. They also got to see a King Snake, baby alligator and turtle. They put the owl away just as we got up to the table to see it. We enjoyed ourselves. It was nice to do something free and something different.

That evening we had our Bunko thing at church. Zach really did not want to go, but he came and had fun. There were about 14 people there (I think). We had a great time eating, playing Bunko and fellowshipping!

Yesterday was filled with church activities, as usual. We're almost done with Awana for the year. Princess will still have choir until the end of May. It will be nice to have a break from being busy on Sundays. I like Sundays (after church) to be family days- a day of resting and spending time together.

This morning we went to playgroup at the park. We had a good time. I figured I'd better get out of the house while I have the chance. I fear losing it with the kids! I've been taking the St. Johns Wort, but with Zach here on the weekend my sanity is better than during the week, so I'm not quite sure if it is working. I have not been sleeping well at night though. My body sleeps but I feel like my mind is constantly going. I've also started to exercise so I hope that will help me to feel better. This afternoon I'm not doing too well in the patience department and so I'm wondering if that stuff is even working. Stupid little things just get on my nerves. I hate feeling this way!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have been busy!

I've taken St. John's Wort off and on for several years now. I seem to do well when I remember to take it consistently. My husband says he notices a difference.

For help with sleeping you might want to pick up some powdered magnesium (the flavored kind you mix with water). It's supposed to be good for helping with sleep issues.

I really feel for what you are going through. I wish there was some way I can help. Just know I am keeping you in my prayers.

Risa said...

I have been having patience issues lately too. Probably due to wanting so bad to get out of the basement but at the same time we get nothing but more walls! The worst part is that the kids were actually NOT fighting but they were giggling and playing around together when they were supposed to be getting their school work done and all I could do was get frustrated and yell! Why? They are kids and do need to laugh...I just have a hard time remembering that lately when that is the last thing that I want to do! :)

You aren't alone! :) I love you, Jamie! :)

Choppzs said...

Sounds like an eventful weekend you guys had there! I always love it when Hubs is home and we can all be together and do something fun!

Jodie said...

LOL bunko. :)