Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday

So, I went to the doctor. Actually, I think I saw a nurse practitioner. A sweet older lady. I guess I have a dense mass on my head...explains the denseness! There's really not much to be done. I didn't really pursue it too much though, either. I just wanted it checked more for reassurance. I had to ask to be weighed. I knew I weighed more than normal and my clothes hardly fit. My butt and thighs seem so huge and I've been disgusted with myself. Well, I have about 8-10 extra pounds on me. So, I ventured over to freecycle asking if anybody has a treadmill. It's worth a shot. I wanted to cry when I saw the scale though! Now, most people say, "You're not fat" or "You're tall" or "I wish I was as skinny as you". But, you know when your body has extra weight on it. And when you're dealing with enough the last thing you want is to feel fat and terrible about your body. Anyway, this lady and I talked for awhile. She offered for me to go on some sort of depression medication. She thinks I'm suffering from PPD. I began taking St. John's Wort this morning. Even before I took it I just felt better when I awoke today. But, she listened and talked and even told me she thinks I'm really pretty. I don't normally get something like that when I go to a doctor appointment, much less anywhere. Not that I think I'm ugly and I don't remember how it came up (probably me complaining about my weight), but it is always nice to be complimented!

I now have a sore throat and drainage. My ears hurt. Princess has been extremely tired yesterday and today. I'm hoping we're well as tomorrow night our Sunday School class is having a fellowship and playing Bunko.

I seem to have emails disappearing out of my box for some reason. Slowly but surely. I know I've received a few and I go back to look for them but can't find them anywhere! So, if I email you asking to resend something, please forgive me!

Did I mention before that Zach has leave in May & June? We don't want to drive all the way home to MI. We'd love to see family but that drive is terrible. So, after throwing out some ideas I *think* we're going to head to Georgia to visit my friend, Kim. I recently mentioned her in another post- we were stationed together in North Carolina. THEN, on from Georgia I think we'll head to North Carolina to see our old friends there. I miss you all SO much and I think this will do me a world of good! It's not definite, but I think it will happen!!! If any of you are on the way, let me know! I'd love to meet some of you guys!

4 comments:

paige said...

Not making it all the way up to Canada? haha.
i hope you have a sweet time of *renewal* with your husband.
~paige
p.s. i think the weight gain is a lot *hormonal* for me... i think once those pesky hormones get stable again, the weight will probably just fall off... i'm carrying around a few extra too... ummm, thanks gramma for the big bum gene. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see you!! I am praying already that things work out so that we can visit soon! You know I miss you woman - but of course it cant hurt to say it again!! Love you!

Christine said...

Hey girl! I am so glad that you get to spend some family time together with hubby! I am so happy that you are coming to NC. :) I will e-mail you soon! Have a great evening!

Me said...

Let me just tell you, there's nothing wrong with the sad pills. They work wonders, really! I tried St. John's Wart, but they just didn't do it for me. Maybe they'll be just what you need though!

Hang in there!!! Hugs!