Thursday, April 19, 2007

Family Times

The other night we played a few games together as a family. A lady I know is moving away and has blessed us with books, workbooks and games. We played Cariboo and Sequence Jr. Both were fun! Cuddly Boy won both games we played of Cariboo. While it was real simple for Princess, it got the boys to think about numbers, colors or shapes. They love Sequence Jr. Daddy even made popcorn for them- so it was a real treat!

Last night Princess and I made cookies. When my mom was here I found out Princess' favorite type of cookies are No-Bake Cookies. So, that is what I decided to make. As we were making them I was thinking of asking her who she'd like to bring some to and before I could say anything she asked if we could bring some to her friend Alex who lives down the street. She's got such a huge heart for giving! It makes me so proud!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Yum! I love no bakes...fun to cook with your kids. Mine like to help me make scrambled eggs and cookies too. That's so sweet how your little princess wanted to give them to someone...she's a very sweet little person.

Glad to hear you sounding upbeat again...hate to think of you being so depressed.

Me said...

Sounds like so much fun! And, you can send some of those no-bakes up here to us :D

Risa said...

Jozie and Luke love baking cookies too, but most of the time the make the process longer than it needs to be, but I suppose the whole point of baking together is to spend time together so the extra time spent is well worth it!

Christine said...

Family fun nights are the best! I am so happy that y'all are able to spend such special times together. Blessings!

Jodie said...

I'm going to have to go and look up no bake cookies. I've never made them.

Cute pics. :)

Risa said...

Hey! I have been thinking of making or buying Jozie an apron for her birthday next week but I haven't found a good pattern and I don't think I could make it up as I go (where's Amie when you need her?!). You didn't happen to pick this one in the picture up at Targ*et or Walma*rt or someplace I could go and get it, did you? I know I'm just getting desperate because I'm sure you didn't find such a cute thing there but just wondering! :)