Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Chapter Closed

We closed on the house and already we've got enough in savings for our adoption plus we already paid off our car! Boy does it feel GOOD! As I was driving all the way home (I feel so 'out there' now) I was overwhelmed at God's goodness and just burst into tears. I'm also a bit sad that our home sold, but not really as much as I thought I'd be. A month ago I would have never thought I'd be sitting in a new house- a military house for that matter! Not only did the sale benefit us, but also the buyers. They are Christians too. And I could see how God worked to bring them to that house as we talked. It just amazes me how He works these details of our lives all into place. Like I said, a month ago I had no clue this is where we'd be yet He knew all of this. It just amazes me. The way He cares for us and loves us. The provision and blessing He bestows upon us.

Last year at this time I was mourning the loss of my precious baby. Who would have thought that God would work so much in a year- from the loss of my Malachi to beginning the adoption process to selling our home. His love amazes me! Even after I lost Malachi I felt like God had something really BIG in store for us. I had no idea what it was but I could not shake away that nagging thought. Who would have known this is what it was. Doesn't it feel good to know you're right smack dab in the center of God's Holy will??? I serve an AWESOME and AMAZING God!!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I am so happy that you are finding peace with all these changes. Your family is so blessed and we are so lucky to be apart of it.

Christine said...

I am so happy for you, Jamie. God is so faithful!

Me said...

I always said that whenever one door closes, another opens. He has a plan for all of us. So happy everything's working out so great for you guys. You deserve it.

Risa said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad things are coming along...I can't wait to hear more on your adoption road! :)

Amie said...

Congrats on a smooth closing!