Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A New Chapter

It is really hard to believe that tomorrow we close on our house. That was the first house we bought together. Before that we'd always lived in military housing. We loved it when we moved in and there are things I will miss about it, but it is nice to have a change also. I never thought I'd want to move back into military housing after owning my own home, but the Lord has really changed my heart. We have way less space in this house but I don't mind. It almost seems bigger in ways. We have tons of storage space it seems, although we don't have as much room in the bedrooms and we don't have a specific schoolroom anymore, although we do have a playroom still, although small. Our garage is tons smaller and we barely have a yard compared to our other house, but we're so content. It is nice to have sidewalks, slow drivers, kids who respect adults and playgrounds nearby. I have only met my neighbor so far, but it seems like a very family and kid friendly area. I will post more later...still trying to settle in and I have to cook dinner and I have a Mom's Night Out tonight. I am enjoying catching up on y'all. It seems a lot longer than a week that I've been gone. Man, I'm addicted to blogging;) Oh yeah, and for all of you campers out there, there is a nice campground right across the road (they even have cabins for those who prefer the more modern way of camping)! So come on down!!!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Doesn't matter where you live, your family is what makes home home. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad all is going well. We loved seeing you and hope we can get together soon. We'll be camping at Journey's End about a year from now. Great camping facilities, beautiful grounds.

I'm so proud of you Jamie. I know that this assignment has had its ups and downs for you and your family, but you keep on keeping on and you never lose sight of what's important. You just keep holding onto the Lord. You've made some awesome decisions and I admire how you are able to make the small term sacrifices for the greater good of your family. I look up to you and i love you like a sister.
Now, hurry up and PCS to Randolph!!!
Blessings always,
Loriann

Risa said...

At this point I'm not really sure I care how small our new home is, just because we won't be here anymore! :)

I hope you find lots of neighbor kids for yours to play with! :)

Jodie said...

I love having sidewalks and playgrounds near us too. Those are necessities when you have young, active kids. Take some pics of the new digs and post them when you find a spare minute. :)