Monday, August 20, 2007

Sleep, baby, Sleep

I think I figured out part of my problem. How many of you all need quiet 'me' time every day? I am one of those people. I know, maybe its a lot to ask with three kids, but we all need some quiet time. I still make my kids nap. Princess usually reads in her bed, but the boys usually sleep. I've been more flexible with this lately. So, I'm not getting my normal afternoon 'me' time. They used to go to bed at 8 pm. Since this move they're going at all different times. I love the quiet evenings when the kids are in bed and I can watch a movie with Zach or read a good book or browse online. Well, I may be getting to do these things lately but its not quiet. My kids are right there. And that is hard.



Right now Cuddly Boy is laying on my lap. For some reason he won't stay asleep in his bed today. Last night he didn't fall asleep until about 11 pm! I feel in desperate need of some down time! Alone. Even though I'm sitting here blogging I'm not alone. Instead I have some boy demanding to play with my hair while he lies tiredly on my lap staring in my face. I love his sweet little face, but sometimes that little face is cuter when its asleep!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I so need that time too. If you didn't, I would wonder about you... ;)

I bet things will get better once everyone adjusts to the new house and you get back on schedule.

Amie said...

I hear ya!

The last time I had daytime quiet is when Elijah was a baby and Isaac still napped. LOL I guess that's why I enforce the 8 p.m. on the dot bedtime :D

Blu and Darbi said...

Oh how nice to have someone understand about "me" time!!!! I am such a better mom when I get it! :)

Love,
Darbi
www.tidwelladoption.blogspot.com

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Same schedule here!! 3-5 pm is Momma time and the kids have "quiet time" in their rooms. Sometimes my 3 year old sleeps, sometimes she plays, but they are all forbidden to step foot downstairs!

And 8 pm is bedtime here too!!