Friday, August 03, 2007

Quick Update

Wow, I had 15 comments???? What a treat!!! First of all, nobody said anything about my post. I was just saying that I have a right to say what I want to. I wasn't lashing out at anybody or anything like that (and to be honest I can't even remember what it was all about right now, that post, so I'll have to just let it all go). I would like to know who Anon is though... So, to clear that up....Thank you all for understanding my frustrations!

We have a house. We got the keys Tuesday about 1:30. It has been a LONG few days and we don't have Internet until Monday. I had to come to the library to pay some online bills so I thought I'd update real quick. Zach wanted all of the boxes unpacked Tuesday as he didn't want roaches in the house. We're in the south, so roaches are a huge thing. So, stuff was EVERYWHERE for the first few days but today its looking good. Just a few more misc. things to put away here and there and pictures and curtains to hang...all in good time. So, I'm pretty much unpacked and settled...if only the roaches would stay away (a story you'll have to come back for on Monday). We're enjoying our new house, but my legs are KILLING me from up and down the stairs!!!

This morning we went to New Orleans and got fingerprinted for our adoption.

Well, I have so much more to share but I have three cranky kiddos and my hubby waiting for me in the van. I've got bills to pay, address to change and so much still to do. Risa, I hope you get to move in to your house soon. So glad things are finally at least progressing for you. Denise, I hope that things work out for you. Angie, I'm so glad you're blogging and will call you soon. The rest of you...don't let my discouragement, or as my mom said PMS turn you away;)

By the way...please remember with me my two babies I lost this past year. Tomorrow will be the 'birthday' of 'Grace' whom I lost last Aug. 4. And tomorrow is also Malachi's 'due date'. I will probably make a trip to the cemetery and lay some flowers on his grave. I've been quite emotional thinking on it lately so please pray for me. To think I could have my precious son in my arms right now breaks my heart...but I know that this to is all the Lord's plan.

Until Monday...

12 comments:

Christine said...

Jamie,
My heart is with you, at this time. I will keep you in my prayers, in a special way, today and tomorrow.
Blessings!

Amie said...

Jamie,
At the family reunion they always have a little memorial service for those that are gone, and Patti (Beth and Heather's mom) mentioned your babies that you guys lost. Just thought you would like to know.

Anonymous said...

I remembered what time is for you. You have been in my prayers. I was going to send flowers, decided to wait after all the busyness of your life settles a little. Love you. MOM

Me said...

Silly me...if I'd have read this first I'd have saw you got the house! Yay! I'm so glad for you guys!!!

I'll be thinking about you the next few days. I didn't make the reunion this year, but I doesn't surprise me that Mom would remember the babies. I'm so glad she did because they're up there, too, in the arms of the family :)

Melissa said...

(((HUGS)))

DDanielle said...

Roaches....another reason I wouldn't want to live in the south.
Keeping you in my prayers:-)

momanna98 said...

I'm glad you are in your new house. I guess it's probably a good thing that you have been so busy lately. Gotta keep your mind somewhat off of it, right? I'll be praying for you. I can't wait until you are posting pictures of your new adopted babies!!!

paige said...

jamie,
it's been so long since i caught up on your blog... we were gone for a month & just got home last week.
May God bless & comfort you tomorrow as you remember your little ones.
i had no idea you were in the process of adopting from Liberia (yeh, i had a ton of reading to do:) i am so excited to read the progress & to hear what God is doing in your family.
much love,
paige

Risa said...

Yikes! I hate bugs and can't imagine roaches...though I understand people get them around here, I can only pray that the boxes that we have packed in the garage aren't infested and we end up taking them to our new home in SD!

I will be thinking about you guys and praying for you too! Love You! :)

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

You and your little ones are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you're finally settled...what a relief that must be. I'm still shocked you were able to sell your house so quickly!!

Choppzs said...

I am glad you got this house and are getting settled! Now can we do the same over here?? Yah, probably not anytime soon! lol

Praying for you and your babies. Like Beth said, they are up there in heaven in the arms of the family!!

Jodie said...

Aw my heart is with you and your baby angels this month.

Good luck with the roaches. I can still hear your horrified sreams in my head. LOL I'm so glad I have no idea what that is like.