Monday, August 20, 2007

RATS!

Friday night I went out with some ladies from Sunday School to celebrate a couple of birthdays. I come home to a 'surprise'. A new pet.

.
A hamster. I was livid. I couldn't even post about it because I was too mad and would have showed so much disrespect for my husband. I had no idea of this purchase until I got home. He didn't ask me my opinion about it because of course I'd say no. I couldn't even talk because the words out of my mouth would not be pretty or ladylike.
You all know how much I hate bugs. Well, I also don't like rodents. I like animals, but I'm not a huge pet person. I feel like I have three children, a husband, a home, I homeschool, etc that I just don't have the time (or desire) to care for a pet.
At least this is contained in a cage. And I made it very clear that I will not care for it. Oh, Princess named it 'Jingle Bells'. Gotta love the creativity.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

ROFL!!! I cannot believe you own a hamster. It would be just your luck to find out it was a "she" and was pregnant. Ha ha!

Amie said...

Is that a pic of your hamster? If so, it's cute!

I would be pretty upset if Jeremiah ever got without both of us agreeing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jamie, I bet he'll come to grow on you. :o) We acquired TWO dwarf hamsters from a girl that babysits for us a few months ago. They are quite easy to care for and since you only have one that's even better. He'll probably sleep most of the time you're awake so you'll hardly even notice him.

Angel at Aduladi' said...

In my house it would be the exact opposite scenario. I am still trying to figure out how to replace "Al the cat" who died a few months back without my hubby noticing..

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be too happy to have that popped on me either!