Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Big 3-0

It's my GOLDEN birthday! I remember as a little girl I really looked forward to my 'golden birthday'. I thought I would never get to 30! It seemed like I had to wait forever! And that seemed so OLD.



Well I made it. I was almost dreading it. I liked being in my 20s. I already feel like my metabolism is slowing down. I haven't lost weight from my past two pregnancies and I feel like I'll never lose it. I need a nursing baby again;) Sometimes as I think on life I wonder how on earth I've accumulated 3 kids!?!? I don't feel old enough to have a 7 year old. Sometimes at night I still dream of college and sometimes I have this same dream that I had this big paper to turn in that I never got to. The years have just flown by.



From the days of being a little girl, driving on my daddy's lap to the days of first dates. From the days of going everywhere with my mom to thinking how annoying she was (sorry Mom, normal teenager there). From the days of going off to Bible camp to going off to college. And now here I am. I stay at home and hold down the fort (or attempt to). I get to teach my children in my home and hold the title of not only Mommy but Teacher. I am married. It has always been my dream to get married and have children~ and here I am at 30 years old living my 'dream'. Now only if I can be CONTENT in ALL things~ poopy pants, bruised knees, fighting boys and bossy sisters!



But I still can't believe I'm 30...weird.

15 comments:

Anna said...

Happy 30th Birthday Jamie!!!

Jodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie said...

Happy Birthday!!! And golden no less. Sweet! Hope you have a great day!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!! Glad to hear you've finally got the golden one. I don't remember mine since it was when I was one!!

Shari

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I hope you have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY! I still have those dreams too, that I am late with a term paper or the like and I am 33!

Welcome to the 30s, I like them a lot better than my 20s!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Jamie, Happy GOLDEN Birthday to you. How those years fly by - you will always be my little girl although I do accept you being an adult and getting old and all! I knew you would like that one:) Love you and have a great BIRTHday.

Amie said...

Happy 30th Birthday!

I know what you mean about the metabolism! LOL, seems like with each pregnancy the weight goes on easier, and comes off harder.

I still have weird college, and high school, dreams where I have to take an exam for a class I forgot to attend all semester haha

Choppzs said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!

Me said...

Happy bday Jamie! I'll be joining you come March :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! May your day be as special as you are.
God bless you,
Loriann

Melissa said...

Happy 30th Birthday!

Christine said...

Happy Golden Birthday, Jamie!I hope it is a great one!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Jamie! I knew you were in August but I could never remember the exact date. I hope you had a fun day and didn't dwell on the number too much because, that's all it is....a number. Be happy you made it that far and look forward to saying "I'm 80!" right?

momanna98 said...

I just entered my 30s too!! Ugh! We are sooo.... well... OLD! People ask if I feel different and I feel weird saying yes, but I do! It just feels strange. I don't know what I am going to do at 40!!!!! AHHHH!!!!

Risa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I had mixed feelings about being 30 too...infact the kids still tell everyone that I'm 25 LOL...but I've gotten used to it. And it only took me 6 months!