Saturday, September 01, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away

It is that time of year...where it just doesn't want to quit raining. It doesn't rain all day but lately its been so blah out there. Not to mention the thunderstorms.

We have had an uneventful weekend so far. We went to Mobile on my birthday. I got to go to Target! And a whole slew of other stores I normally don't go to. I didn't find anything for myself though- besides some stuff from Bath & Body Works (thanks Mom for the gift card). While I was shopping for some school supplies Zach and the kids waited in the car. There was the loudest boom of thunder I think I've ever heard. I must have jumped to the ceiling! Then it was just down pouring! We got to eat at Olive Garden for dinner. I admit it was the first time I've had dessert there. Normally I'm SO full that I can't get it, but I made sure to save room! The kids really wanted the people to sing (I didn't) so I allowed them just for my kids;) Plus my back was facing the rest of the restaurant so nobody could see my embarrassment;)

I have been cleaning and getting ready for school. We're supposed to start on Tuesday but I think everybody is coming down with colds so we'll see how we feel. Zach brought it home from work and now my throat is starting to hurt a bit. Lovely. I'm really looking forward to the school year but I am also a bit nervous. I've never had 2 students before. How will I juggle teaching 2 plus keeping an eye on the littlest one who gets into EVERYTHING. If he's not attempting to eat candles he's playing with toilet paper or dousing himself in hand soap. I'm hoping to have little activities to do with him while I'm working with one of the others or else who knows the mischief he'll get in to.

I read the latest Karen Kingsbury book, Summer. I admit that I normally cry a bit while reading her books but I never cried so hard as I did during this one. It just hits home with me considering all the past year had in store for me.

I figure since I'm now 30 I better try to get myself in shape (I am afraid to get a pouch looking belly like my Mom and Aunt). I started to take my vitamins again and have been going on the treadmill. My vitamins really make me gag and I think once I'm done with them I may have to find a different brand. They're awesome because of all they offer but the smell is unbearable and then to swallow them... I'm hoping once school starts I'll be able to wake up early enough and walk on the treadmill.

I'll also be starting a Bible study on Monday nights at my house (The Power of Motherhood by Nancy Campbell).

I'm really looking forward to a new start and more of a schedule! I cannot believe it is September!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pouch like your mom and aunt? Now which aunt would that be by the way? lol

Anonymous said...

I am not even close to what your aunt has for a pouch. She could carry a kangaroo in there! I know I couldn't. Thanks alot for the compliment:)