Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Enjoyment

We have immersed ourselves in books this week! That's what happens when you go back to school! Things are going really well so far. I've really had some great prayers lately asking the Lord to help me enjoy my children throughout the day- through the lessons, playtime and all. Not just at bedtime. And I really have been enjoying them! Not just 'tolerating' them as sometimes seems to be the case.

Cuddly Boy had fun doing his 'school' this morning- putting stickers in his Brighter Vision books and going over his colors. He likes to watch Little Man do some of his school too.

Little Man is enjoying kindergarten. Today he had me in tears, laughing over something that really wasn't even that funny. But I was enjoying him and really enjoying that time with him. And I can tell that he likes the one-on-one with me too.

Princess grunted the first day (yesterday) I took out English but she seemed to enjoy it more today. She is really impressed with math (Math-U-See) and is always saying how she likes it better than Bob Jones! Maybe because she gets to play with blocks? Or maybe because it is really easy for her as we've backtracked? Anyway, I'm thrilled to see that she likes it!

I am enjoying our science (Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day- Apologia) and history (Mystery of History). I like the fact that we can sit and read it all together and then we get to do something 'hands on'. Today we brought out the play-doh (I hate that stuff) and they 'created' Adam and Eve. I'll try to post some pictures of their creations soon.

This afternoon while the boys napped Princess and I sat on the front porch and she read to me. I am really enjoying the beginning of this school year. I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach my children and spend this time with them. I've even made a point of getting up early two days in a row (7 am and 6:30 am) so that i can be ready and awake for my children. I haven't even been 'wasting' time on the computer and I make sure my phone is on vibrate! My children are only young once and they are so precious. I want to treasure my time with them. How have you been blessed by your 'treasures'?

3 comments:

Christine said...

Awesome, Jamie! I am so happy that things are going well. Blessings!

Amie said...

Sounds like things are going great, how lovely to have one of your children read to you!

I have also cut down my computer to time lately to almost nothing, and I like it this way.

Risa said...

I was just looking at Apologia! I was thinking of using it this year but it's now down to #3 on my list...we did a lot with creation last year so I am looking more at chemistry or physics...still not sure yet. Do you really like it? I may still decide to use Apologia next year with the second volume...we will see!