Monday, September 24, 2007

Manic Monday

That's what it seems like. I've realized that lately Mondays seem like this. Time to come back to reality and our weekly schedule, whereas on the weekend we lounged. This past weekend we had two birthday parties plus we had Awana last night. My kids are probably coming off of the highest sugar high ever! Talk about junk! Every night they come home from Awana with more and more candy. Thankfully we don't go trick-or-treating. We wouldn't need to with the stash we're collecting!

It seems naps are coming fewer and fewer. Which is kind of ok. We seem to enjoy our days together (for the most part) and the kids go to sleep much better at night. But, I miss that quiet time in the afternoon. Even if I try to put a movie in it seems they're still needy. So I will have to find something so that we all get a bit of quiet in the day if we don't nap. Even Cuddly Boy has been falling asleep in his OWN bed all by himself because he's been so wiped out.

Today we talked about The Sumerians in History. We built a ziggarut out of Lego's. Notice Princess's tag on her hat. She got that from the Awana store and hadn't realized the tag was on (or maybe she liked it). Also, notice a little head on the other side of the other picture. He wouldn't get out of the way;)


That was fun. . Little Man is doing well (and reading) with the book "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons". Princess is learning the writing process. While I really enjoy English she doesn't like it as well. I'm really hoping she will learn to. As we revised her story today she seemed a bit frustrated at my suggestions, thinking her story was fine. It was, but it did need some revising too.

Tonight I have my Bible Study. I'm not sure if I mentioned that I started a Bible study in my home- The Power of Motherhood by Nancy Campbell. I'm sorry if I've mentioned it before...I honestly can't remember if I did or not. About 4 other ladies attend and we have a blessed night of fellowship and studying God's Word about being a mother.


I am off to finish making dinner and prepare for my Bible study. I'm praying Tuesday will be full of grace and not crazy like today was!

2 comments:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Sounds like you guys are doing a lot of the same curriculum! We are doing SOTW and 100 Easy Lessons also and love them both!

Amie said...

Maybe it's the cool thing now to keep tags on your hat.

I'm sure princess will come to enjoy English, and reading as much as she does she will master it for sure.