Saturday, September 15, 2007

When all is stinky...go shopping!

Since the end part of my week was pretty junky and I was not too pleased with a certain child I asked hubby if I/we could go shopping. I still hadn't gotten a birthday gift and I still had birthday money to spend. I wanted some new clothes. I never shop for myself and it was a treat to go to Old Navy and splurge a bit. I got a real cute pants outfit for church, two pairs of pants that could work for being either dressy or casual, a package of underwear and 3 t-shirts.

It encourages me that I still fit in my size. When I was at the doctor and stepped on the scale I was a bit peeved at the number. It is all in my thighs and heiny, although I'm starting to sport a belly...and its not a pregnant one! I'm trying to go on the treadmill almost every day and trying to stay away from sweets. I'm doing good with not drinking much pop, but sweets are my downfall. But, to still be fitting into my size floored me!

We also went to eat at Logan's Roadhouse. Normally when we go out to eat the service is terrible (no matter where ya go nowadays). We had the best service and the food was delicious!

Today we don't have much on the agenda. I tackled pretty much all of the little things on my to-do list but I still have to make up my menu for the remainder of the month. We have a farewell dinner for some friends from church tonight. Tomorrow will be busy with church and my friend Angie is coming back in town for the week. I can't wait to see her! She's only been gone since June but I sure do miss her!

Oh, the other night we watched a movie called 'Hotel Rwanda'. I got it because it is about Africa. It was really good, but real difficult to watch. It is hard to fathom a genocide taking place. What is even harder is when nobody steps in to help those affected, all because of their race. Good rent- I recommend it!

Anyway, that's it for the weekend. Thought I'd post while I had a quiet moment! Off to make up that menu!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you got to go shopping and out to eat! Sounds like it was fun. Especially since you had no problems fitting into the clothes you liked. That's always a big plus in my book.

Shari

Jodie said...

I so need to plan meals in advance like you do. And God bless Old Navy. :)

Anne said...

Hi Jamie! Thanks for coming by and commenting on my freezer cooking entry! I think I bit off a little more than I could chew on that project and will scale back in the future!

How's your menu for the month coming? And wow- good job fitting into your size! I pretty much do- it's just some areas have shifted- not enough on top and too much in the middle and on the bottom if you know what I mean! Oh well, I'm trying not to be vain 'cause I ain't getting any younger! LOL

Anyay, it was good catching up on reading your blog and have a wonderful week! :)

Anna said...

Sounds like a fun treat! Must be nice to still be in the same size jean!! No fair:)

Anonymous said...

I second Anna's "no fair!" =) You always were slim...tall and slim. Lucky lady!

Out to eat sounds like fun! We still have a gift card for th eOlive Garden from Pete's Aunt to cash in on...it comes with free babysitting...what in the world are we waiting for?! =)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I wish I could plan meals...and fit into my clothes...lol.
Glad to hear you're doing well, and happy belated birthday!

Risa said...

The home-ec teacher doesn't plan meals?!?! LOL I suppose it's a little hard to make a "meal" for only 2 people! :)

I don't plan meals very far in advance either. I should...it would make those sometimes daily trips to the grocery store unnecessary but...until then...sigh...

Amie said...

I saw part of "Hotel Rwanda", and I have read about the genocide that happened. Very sad indeed.

Yay, for shopping! I love to go shopping. Actually, more like browsing since I usually look more than I buy. Jeremiah still does not understand that, LOL

Jessi said...

We love Logan's too:)