Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Oh, who are the people in your neighborhood?

Tonight I met some of the neighbors!!! I was just telling my friend Canaan right before that how normally in military housing you have people (friends/neighbors) stop by and visit all the time. That's something I've really missed while living down here. Not being in military housing, we didn't have that. Once we moved out here I thought for sure we would. I guess with the humidity people tend to stay indoors. Tonight it was cooler out and as I got the chalk out for the kids to draw in the driveway it seemed the neighbors flocked...well only two. But two is better than none! I'm very thankful to have met them. They seemed really nice and the lady across the street has a boy the same age as Little Man. The other lady has a 7 year old girl just like Princess. Maybe my kiddos will finally make some new friends like they've been wanting! Oh, and me too;)

5 comments:

Anna said...

I know how you feel, it took me a couple years actually to meet some friends down here. I really didn't meet any until I went to school. At the time almost all of our neighbors where old and snow birds. They only stayed here maybe two months out of the year! It sure can be lonely without friends! :(

DDanielle said...

I still don't know many of my neighbors and I have lived in my house for almost 6 years. We did introduce ourselves to the people who moved in next door, but I think they avoid us now. However our neighborhood isn't really neighbor friendly. It does seem kind of weird that you wouldn't have met anyone sooner when you are in military housing becuse you are all in the same boat (tank, plane....etc;-)
Maybe it is just the weather.

Amie said...

2 neighbors is a good start!

Kylie lives in military housing and she knows all her neighbors, they are always back and forth just like you described.

We have the best neighbors here, better then anywhere we have lived.

Jodie said...

It does help make life more pleassant if you are friendly with your neighbors. Our neighbors have 2 little boys that are right around Brady and Jayda's age and they play every single day. Plus they watch our house for us when we go out of town. Its a very nice thing to have.

Anonymous said...

We've never lived in military housing, but we were in a townhouse for awhile. In the winter months I hardly saw any of the neighbors at all, but spring, summer, and fall was when everyone sat on the front steps and watched the kids play and the parents chatted. It must be the opposite for you, with the humid summer months being the slow months.

Now we live in a neighborhood with no other kids, but being the overprotective parent that I am, I don't mind it so much. It makes it easier to pick and choose, and monitor what my kids are exposed to. Now they only play with our homeschool group kids, or each other! lol