Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A BIG FAT L

I think maybe I have this ingrained on my head? This evening Zach went to Bible study at church so I decided to take the crew to the playground that's pretty much in our back yard. I couldn't believe that as I was walking there I actually saw people there- the first time in a month! Not like we go there often, its usually too hot, but when I do see the playground nobody is there. So I thought, 'Maybe this is my time to meet somebody in my neighborhood'. I know my friend, Canaan, that moved here right before I did and the people we're connected to. Well, the people live right by it and the parents were sitting between the playground and their house. Didn't say hi or anything and I just felt like the guy was STARING me down with the evilest eye. Princess ran right up to the girls- she's dying for some friends out here, although she does have two now. I'm not kidding- as soon as we got there those people fled like we were lepers. And I wasn't even wearing my 'Jesus Freak' or 'Homeschool Mom' shirts. Just kidding, I don't' have shirts like that. But I seriously wonder if something is wrong with us! Ugh!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh!! I completely feel the same way. Our neighbors across the street stared at us when we were moving in, when we are working on the boxes in the garage, or just outside in general. Only nice thing about the stares, we of course are crazy about making sure the yard looks nice. Our yard was completely brown when we moved in, now beautiful green and edged like we had to in NC....neighbors finally caught the hint and now have all been busting their rears to get a nice yard.

I feel completely cheated here, everyone gushed about what a nice base this was and the friendly people---we as usual have had to introduce ourselves to the people we have met.

Choppzs said...

I've had situations like that happen before, but I am not sure whether I was over analyzing things, or if something was seriously wrong with these people. I just know I felt like crap afterwards! lol But I would just keep going back and don't worry about those other people, they suck anyways! lol

Amie said...

I hope it was just a coincidence that they left at that time :( If not...how rude!