Sunday, August 19, 2007

Girls Day Out

Yesterday I had the privilege of taking my dear daughter on a date. I think it is so important to take your children on dates, spending one on one time with them and letting them know they're special. Often if I have to run to the store or something I will take one child with me, letting it be a special treat. But I think its important to also do something really special one in awhile. I told Zach we need to take turns every week in 'dating' our children. I also think its important for a husband and wife to date once a week, but I know how difficult that can be. I can't remember our last date night.

Without further ado, I present you with our special mommy-daughter day:

We first went to the local Day Spa Career College and got a manicure and our toes painted. It was Princess' first time to get her nails done by somebody other than mommy and I think she really enjoyed it. She picked a very light pink color with glitters. It is pretty. I was going to get a pedicure but I have blisters on my feet and changed my mind.

After that Princess declared that she was 'So hungry' so we went downtown to a quaint little restaurant that I love. I have only been there twice and I'm the only one in the family to have gone as they're only open for lunch. I thought it would be a special treat to take Princess somewhere special and I know she was really excited to try it. It is called Martha's Tea Room and you can click here to read a little story on it. Very interesting. Here we are outside of the restaurant:

Princess ordered a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich! She just loved the bread and when I told her they make it themselves her eyes got really big. She asked if we could make our own bread. Uh, let me drag out the bread machine;) Although when we were first married I did make homemade bread straight from scratch in my oven! I ordered a sandwich called The Ocean Springer. It was delicious- on pumpernickel bread with coleslaw of all things! In the past I've tried the chicken salad sandwich- d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!

Of course, being the chocolate lovers we are (like mother, like daughter) we ordered the Caramel Lover Fudge Cake. When the waitress brought it out Princess said to me, "Are we supposed to share that small piece?" LOL- it was huge and we just barely finished it!

There is this shop downtown that Princess calls 'the girly shop'. It is called Lexi Lu's and has all sorts of cute kids clothes, baby items and more. Of course it is way out of my price range! Things were 50% off and I still wouldn't have bought them;) Well, we headed there and to another 'girly shop' called Sugar and Spice. We also ventured into a few other shops as well as the little toy store downtown. Here is Princess in front of Lexi Lu's.


I just love the downtown area. It is beautiful, with trees hanging over the road and quaint little shops. It is weird to think that I'm no longer a resident of the beautiful city...now I'm out in the country! Here's Princess on a bench along the street downtown.
We then headed to the Whole Foods Market, the library ad of course Wal-Mart. A day out isn't complete without a trip to Wal-Mart, right? We had a wonderful time and I was so blessed to spend the day basking in the sweetness of the little girl God has blessed me with.
Later in the day I was talking to Little Man and telling him that I'd like to take him on a date sometime. He asked, 'to the boy-ly shop'? Ah, the things they come up with! Always good for a laugh;)

10 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day with your little girl. I cannot wait to do things like that with Claire. Daughters always remember those special dates.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Sounds like you girls had an awesome day. I've been thinking about taking the girls to a day spa and doing something like that too. Although, A isn't much of a girly-girl, she'd probably still enjoy it. Maybe something to do with Grandma too.

Shari

PBJCJ said...

I am so glad that you both had a such a wonderful time! What precious memories you've created. I am looking forward to when Chloe and I can enjoy times like this. Next time I visit, we will have to go to those little shops - they are calling my name:)

momanna98 said...

AWWW!! Sounds like so much fun. I have been waiting since my daughter was born to be able to take her to get a pedi/manicure. She's only 2, so, I'm still waiting....

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there to do the girly thing with you. Next time I'm in town! Glad you enjoyed the day.

Jodie said...

AWWWW that is so cute. You both look adorable. What a nice day huh? I cannot wait to do things like that when Jayda gets older.

Christine said...

It looks like you and Princess had a great day together! I love girly days like that! I am sure that it meant a lot to her!

Amie said...

How fun! Can't wait till Sadie is older! Your skirt is so cute.

We do something similar with the boys, always taking one with us to the store, or for walks or bike rides ect.

Anonymous said...

How neat!! Looks like you had such a fun time! I've never had a manicure or pedicure....I'm waaaaay behind Princess. =)

Risa said...

Looks like a great time! :) I try to take the kids with me occasionally but it's always rushed and never just a fun day out together. The next time I will have to put more effort into it and see where it takes us! :)