Wednesday, February 28, 2007

5 Things You Own

Rebecca tagged me so here goes...
I had to get up and look for some of these answers...very tricky...

1. Name a CD you own that no one else on your friends list does.
Steep Side of the Hill by White Water. This is a family in the U.P. of Michigan that has some awesome talent! They play many different instruments- clawhammer banjo, fiddle, hammer dulcimer, mandolin, etc.

2. Name a book you own that no one else on your friends list does.
My mom gave this to me and I have yet to read it. It is called The Sweater Letter and it is by Dave Distel. It is about a murder that took place in the U.P. I normally stick to Christian material when reading a book, so maybe that is part of the reason this book has sat on the shelf. But, I also forgot I had it!

3. Name a movie you own on DVD/VHS/whatever that no one else on your friends list does.
The Ultimate Slugfest at the MS Coast Coliseum! This is one of the Slugfest's Zach was in and he bought the DVD. I'm sure nobody on my friends list has a copy of it (although I do think he may have sent a copy to his brother & Amie).

4. Name a place that you have visited that no one else on your friends list has.
Fort Fisher near Wilmington, North Carolina. It is an Air Force "Rec Center" and one time when my parents came to NC we stayed at Fort Fisher. I was so fearful of bugs- we thought the place was nasty! But anything for my stepdad to save a dime;) It was the same time we saw filming for the TV show One Tree Hill. Pretty neat experience!

5. Name a piece of technology or any sort of tool you own that you think no one else on your friends list has.
Well, I have this bath spa mat thing. It is supposed to suction to the tub and produce bubbles. I think I've only used it one time! It doesn't suction to our tub!

If you decide to play let me know. I'm too tired to tag anybody!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should read The Sweater Letter, it's good. It's interesting to hear all the places in the UP and things. The lady that was murdered in it, and her husband, lived in Marquette and worked at the Hospital. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out. I also have heard of that family you mentioned. Can you tell we're from about the same neck of the woods?

Love ya,

Shari

Amie said...

My mom read "The Sweater Letter" too and she really liked it.

Jodie said...

I read the sweater letter (my mom owns it) and thought it was good. Kind of creepy that some people are that demented but still good and interesting too.

Hang in there with the baby. I'm thankful that physically you are still healthy. Take care of yourself!

Becca said...

i've heard the sweater letter has a new title now. i read it but had a hard time with the way it was written...he's not a very good writer...but then who am i to talk?!

Anonymous said...

★Jamie Is this your story?